Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,209

3 members and 3,206 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,111
Threads: 248,550
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
  • 08-11-2022, 10:47 AM
    Nick_MD
    Re: Ivan the Silverback Bolivian (BCA)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    ... Picking a favorite boa is hard...

True. I like all my snakes, but I find myself going to this guy most often when I can only grab one to show guests.
  • 03-27-2023, 09:43 AM
    Nick_MD
    Couple more from a nice sunny day yesterday. Big growth spurt over last year after graduating to small rats. ~1,000g. Still on a 2 week feeding schedule. He needs a more colorful background for the pics though.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/brsKb5j.jpg

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/E4RSkPu.jpg
  • 03-27-2023, 01:20 PM
    jmcrook
    Looking great! I picked up a BCA from a friend this past fall. Very inquisitive little boa
  • 03-27-2023, 01:47 PM
    Nick_MD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Looking great! I picked up a BCA from a friend this past fall. Very inquisitive little boa

Ivan is inquisitive too. Of my 4 boas, he's definitely the most curious. The others come over looking for food when I open their enclosure. Ivan comes over to check things out, but he's rarely in hyper food mode. He'd be a great candidate for choice based handling training. As it is, he's usually content to spend 10-15 on my shoulders.

Is your BCA a Silverback as well?
  • 03-27-2023, 01:56 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_MD View Post
    Ivan is inquisitive too. Of my 4 boas, he's definitely the most curious. The others come over looking for food when I open their enclosure. Ivan comes over to check things out, but he's rarely in hyper food mode. He'd be a great candidate for choice based handling training. As it is, he's usually content to spend 10-15 on my shoulders.

Is your BCA a Silverback as well?

Sire of mine is silverback, but I don't think the dam is. I can't remember. Both parents are absolutely stunning. Was produced by Crispy Snakes in her first BCA litter last summer
  • 03-27-2023, 02:39 PM
    Caitlin
    He's SO handsome with that overall silver coloring, the saddles that look like etching, and the contrast of the deep black facial markings. Just wow :)

Great enclosure, too - I love that you've given him a sky hide. Keep the photos and updates coming!