Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,288

1 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 03-22-2018, 02:57 PM
    Ax01
    Boa born with 2 heads, 2 hearts and 2 digestive tracts!
    ok i think we've all seen Cornsnakes and Milks/Kingsnakes w/ two heads; but this 2 week old Boa takes it to another level. peeps have described this Boa as "2 snakes in 1 skin." besides having two heads, after some exams, it was discovered to have 2 sets of organs including 2 hearts and 2 digestive tracts!

really neat! i hope these conjoined Boa makes it and lives a nice long life.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach.../03/snake8.png

Quote:

DOUBLE SNAKE: Boa constrictor with two heads AND two hearts that appears to be twin snakes ‘in one outer skin’ baffles experts

VETS are baffled after a snake breeder ended up with a two-headed boa constrictor that has two separate hearts.

The two-week-old creature, which appears to be twin snakes in "one outer skin" was featured on a National Geographic programme.

Both heads move separately and flick their own tongues.

The Floridian breeder took the reptile to vet Dr Lauren Thielen for examination, and an X-ray revealed it has two functioning hearts.

Other two-headed creatures have a tendency to have just one set of internal organs.

Dr Thielen said: “I was shocked it has two hearts. But it was really cool to understand that the Siamese twin snake was really two snakes in one outer skin.”
    read the rest here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/585498...one-outer-skin Story includes vid.
  • 03-22-2018, 03:04 PM
    Skyrivers
    Re: Boa born with 2 heads, 2 hearts and 2 digestive tracts!
    I saw this. It is rare for them to live long though.
  • 03-24-2018, 11:54 AM
    Starscream
    Re: Boa born with 2 heads, 2 hearts and 2 digestive tracts!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    I saw this. It is rare for them to live long though.

It seems pretty rare for them to have two sets of organs. Here's to hoping that gives this lil noodle a leg up on survival.
  • 03-27-2018, 07:36 PM
    DLena
    So how do we approach the “feed separately” rule?
    Our new model: “Sharing is caring!”