Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,568

0 members and 1,568 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,108
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, charcharbinks

odd picture to use..

Printable View

• 12-11-2018, 09:00 PM
    zina10
    Re: odd picture to use..
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Sorry, I don’t get your concerns. I see this as promoting snakes in a positive light, and using a cool snake at that.

I did not have concerns at all. I used to love watching Steve Irwin and I love the new show and all their animals, including this snake.
    After all, through Steve I got more interested in reptiles, no matter what anyone thought of him, his love for those animals always shown through and I was a huge fan.

I just found the picture itself looking odd. Like the tail was all lumpy and weird looking. Like a bad photo shop or along those lines.
  • 12-11-2018, 10:15 PM
    Reinz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I did not have concerns at all. I used to love watching Steve Irwin and I love the new show and all their animals, including this snake.
    After all, through Steve I got more interested in reptiles, no matter what anyone thought of him, his love for those animals always shown through and I was a huge fan.

I just found the picture itself looking odd. Like the tail was all lumpy and weird looking. Like a bad photo shop or along those lines.

Having gone back and read the thread again, I misinterpreted some content, my apologies. :)
  • 12-11-2018, 10:39 PM
    zina10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Having gone back and read the thread again, I misinterpreted some content, my apologies. :)

I probably simply didn't get my point across very well. Happens at times, with English as my second language. I've seen the snake before and it just looked odd to me in the picture they used. But now I see its just the way they manipulated the picture. Plus the way Bindi's finger is holding up the back end of the snake makes it appear as if it is shaped oddly in that area.

Sure is a pretty snake, though :)
  • 12-12-2018, 12:52 AM
    CALM Pythons
    Quote:

I probably simply didn't get my point across very well. Happens at times, with English as my second language. I've seen the snake before and it just looked odd to me in the picture they used. But now I see its just the way they manipulated the picture. Plus the way Bindi's finger is holding up the back end of the snake makes it appear as if it is shaped oddly in that area.

Sure is a pretty snake, though :)

Omg I just enlarged it and now i see too. These darn phones. I thought its Butt was open however its her Thumb hahahahahaha.. thats why my comment was all about the Rear End hahahahaha.
    Also they’re isnt a leusistic Burm yet Ive read. I guess they are considered a Ivory. You would understand that more than me Lucy as I dont know about Genetics etc.. What I read had to do with how genes are Recessive, Co Dom Blah Blah Blah so that Leusistic wasn’t actually the correct name based on the gene in these whiteish/yellow Burms... idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-12-2018, 10:20 AM
    zina10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    Omg I just enlarged it and now i see too. These darn phones. I thought its Butt was open however its her Thumb hahahahahaha.. thats why my comment was all about the Rear End hahahahaha.
    Also they’re isnt a leusistic Burm yet Ive read. I guess they are considered a Ivory. You would understand that more than me Lucy as I dont know about Genetics etc.. What I read had to do with how genes are Recessive, Co Dom Blah Blah Blah so that Leusistic wasn’t actually the correct name based on the gene in these whiteish/yellow Burms... idk.

Actually, I have no idea about that either! They have said that its a Leucistic that has started to develop pigmented scales. I just took them at their word, LOL. Not really all that familiar with Burms. But your "little one" is adorable :)
  • 12-12-2018, 11:52 AM
    CALM Pythons
    Quote:

Actually, I have no idea about that either! They have said that its a Leucistic that has started to develop pigmented scales. I just took them at their word, LOL. Not really all that familiar with Burms. But your "little one" is adorable :)

I dont understand genes period hahaha. But im told that whatever Leusitic is (dom/co dom/reseive) is not what White Burms genetics are therefore they actually are considered Ivory. Hahaha idk.

• 12-12-2018, 11:58 AM
    Danger noodles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by distaff View Post
    There is exaggerated fore-shortening (spell?) in the photo - look at the extended arms. So, it is all a bit distorted.
    Just looks like some sausage butt to me.
    The girl (Bindi? - not very familiar with that family) has her thumb supporting the lower body just above the tail - that isn't part of the snake, assuming that is some of the confusion.

Could be my monitor. The only issue I had with the pic was that the burn looks like it has some spaghetti cheese sauce dumped on the top if its head.
    Yeah, lousey image.

Not familiar with that family??? Seriously? And true animal lover knows the story of that super famous family!!
  • 12-13-2018, 09:09 AM
    Skyrivers
    So does that mean "You like big buts and you can not lie"? :D:P

Quote:

I never had a Burm, but that just looks really weird and awkward. And not the best choice to use as a picture. But it seems I'm the only one that noticed it, going by the comments below the picture on that facebook site, LOL.

I noticed it but just thought it was poop coming out and they grabbed the photo right before.
  • 12-13-2018, 11:31 AM
    distaff
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Not familiar with that family??? Seriously? And true animal lover knows the story of that super famous family!!

Seriously.
    I don't watch TV (don't have one), and I don't follow celebrities. Occasionally, I'll hear a reference to the family on snake videos.