Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,215

2 members and 3,213 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Older ball python/feeding

Printable View

• 11-14-2017, 07:24 AM
    Wharf Rat
    I got him for $40 at a reptile store at the mall. They know nothing of his history. He was a jouvenile, but no age or other info. Morphs weren't really much of a thing back then in my experience and I didn't have the internet for research. He looked more "normal" when he was young. I will say though over the last 10 years he's faded quite a bit. Gotten more silvery gray than brown on his sides. I never had any interest in breeding or anything, so he was always just a pet.

Based on what y'all are saying and just cause it makes sense, I'll keep him on his 7 day medium rat schedule. It's working for him. I will get a monthly weight on him now though. Just to monitor.

I appreciate the responses all. Thanks.
  • 11-14-2017, 07:32 AM
    Wharf Rat
    I will take a few more pics and post too. I wish I had more (or really any) pics from when he was young. It was film back then, not digital LoL I lost a lot of photos over the years
  • 11-14-2017, 08:04 AM
    Booper
    Your snake is four years older than I am! What a beautiful boy. Best wishes for many more years!
  • 11-14-2017, 08:26 AM
    Wharf Rat
    Haha... When I got him I honestly didn't consider how long lived they could be. I'm nearly 50 years old now and I'm still expanding my collection of snakes. Luckily I have a good friend that's 15 years younger than me and we've agreed that he will get them when I'm too old to give them proper care. Anything I get at this point may outlive me LoL

Edited to add, I did know how long lived they can be.. I just never thought I'd be pushing 50 LoL
  • 11-14-2017, 10:21 AM
    Kcl
    Re: Older ball python/feeding
    He looks good! Sounds like you're really on top of everything with the backup plan and all.