Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,199

0 members and 3,199 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Lionel Richie news story

Printable View

• 02-11-2021, 06:07 PM
    richardhind1972
    Lionel Richie news story
    https://read.squidapp.co/news/egOuLSk?r=1&i=AVHrBGKv
    Thought this was an interesting headline especially when the headline says Michael Jacksons python escaped when it's looks like a boa constrictor to me[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk
  • 02-11-2021, 06:20 PM
    Bogertophis
    I think Michael had more than one snake- he's holding a boa, but Lionel Richie specifically said that Michael's ALBINO python was loose (looking back at him), so I think this is just another case of faulty editing of a story- wrong picture. ;) I doubt that Lionel would have called that boa an albino?
  • 02-11-2021, 07:28 PM
    WrongPython
    Re: Lionel Richie news story
    Being so immersed in the reptile hobby makes me forget how little most members of the public know about snakes. For most people, "python," "boa," and "big snake" are interchangeable terms.

Case in point: a local news station in the US was dragged on a report on the annual copperhead emergence recently. The snake they featured on the reel? A ball python in someone's backyard. :rofl:
  • 02-11-2021, 08:24 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Lionel Richie news story
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WrongPython View Post
    Being so immersed in the reptile hobby makes me forget how little most members of the public know about snakes. For most people, "python," "boa," and "big snake" are interchangeable terms.

Case in point: a local news station in the US was dragged on a report on the annual copperhead emergence recently. The snake they featured on the reel? A ball python in someone's backyard. :rofl:

Oh yeah, snakes are misidentified all the time. The real exception is when they get it right, lol.
  • 02-12-2021, 04:51 AM
    nikkubus
    Journalists can get so lazy. Shock factor is a lot more important than accuracy to them I guess.