Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,331

3 members and 3,328 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 12-31-2019, 08:23 PM
    Larz979
    Any way to tell if all white snake is pied?
    Just bought a super fire that is all very clean white except for one scale at the tip of her tail is light yellow.

her parents were (firefly highway het pied) x (firefly yellow belly pied)

is there any way to tell if she is a “visual” pied other than by proving her out?

sorry for the newbie question. Still learning! Thanks!
  • 12-31-2019, 08:55 PM
    Zincubus
    Any way to tell if all white snake is pied?

Error
  • 01-01-2020, 11:34 PM
    Larz979
    Re: Any way to tell if all white snake is pied?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post

Error

Sorry. What does that mean? Error in my post?
  • 01-02-2020, 03:31 AM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Larz979 View Post
    Sorry. What does that mean? Error in my post?

Sorry ... it was my error..

I misread your thread title as white snakes in SHED ... and answered your thread accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 01-02-2020, 09:36 AM
    asplundii
    Get a blacklight. A Pied SuperFire should have areas that are totally patternless and areas that have very very faint pattern to them. It is also possible your animal is a SuperFire Ivory or Highway, in which case you will likely see a dorsal stripe under the blacklight. With both of these I will caution that if you do not know exactly what you are looking for you might miss it so it might help to get someone a bit more familiar with the combos to help you
  • 01-02-2020, 03:29 PM
    Larz979
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asplundii View Post
    Get a blacklight. A Pied SuperFire should have areas that are totally patternless and areas that have very very faint pattern to them. It is also possible your animal is a SuperFire Ivory or Highway, in which case you will likely see a dorsal stripe under the blacklight. With both of these I will caution that if you do not know exactly what you are looking for you might miss it so it might help to get someone a bit more familiar with the combos to help you

Thanks! Will try tonight
  • 01-02-2020, 11:52 PM
    Alexiel03
    Make sure the blacklight is a 365nm wavelength, normal Blacklight's aren't accurate.
    Check this video out that shows the difference in the w lights, its a pretty big difference.
    https://youtu.be/b2U036eMjw0

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
  • 01-03-2020, 12:24 PM
    Skyrivers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Larz979 View Post
    Just bought a super fire that is all very clean white except for one scale at the tip of her tail is light yellow.

her parents were (firefly highway het pied) x (firefly yellow belly pied)

is there any way to tell if she is a “visual” pied other than by proving her out?

sorry for the newbie question. Still learning! Thanks!

Why would anyone make a all white pied snake in the first place?
  • 01-10-2020, 01:21 PM
    Larz979
    Nobody was trying to make an all white pied. I am just curious what genes a female has that I bought. She is a super fire and maybe super pastel and at very least het Pied (visual x het parents). May be a "visual" but since she is all white there is no way to tell.

On the black light test.... With the black light I was able to see a couple very faint yellow patches along her spine up near the head. Not visible at all in white light.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...ur.com/STlIKYohttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/STlIKYo.jpg