Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,192

1 members and 3,191 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Silly Nesting Rat!

Printable View

• 11-29-2006, 11:23 PM
    rabernet
    Silly Nesting Rat!
    OK, I'm still dying from anticipation for the birth of my first litter of rats, as Scarlett still hasn't had them, so I'm assuming she's about 22 days now.

She began some serious nesting this evening, but looked at me like - can I PLEASE have some more tissue? So, of course I obliged. Her nest is next to the water bottle, and she's just shoved a great deal of the tissue UP and BEHIND her water bottle, almost to the lid of the viv.

Shhhhh....gotta be vewwy, vewwy quiet, we don't want a noisy water bottle to disturb the new babies on the way! :D
  • 11-29-2006, 11:24 PM
    JLC
    Re: Silly Nesting Rat!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rabernet

Shhhhh....gotta be vewwy, vewwy quiet, we don't want a noisy water bottle to disturb the new babies on the way! :D

But it's fine if it rattles Karl out of bed a few times per night!! :rofl:
  • 11-29-2006, 11:25 PM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JLC
    But it's fine if it rattles Karl out of bed a few times per night!! :rofl:

Hehehe, she got relegated back to the living room, and the silent crestie enclosure was relocated to the bedroom!
  • 11-29-2006, 11:28 PM
    JLC
    Hehe...sounds like a wise move! :P
  • 11-29-2006, 11:47 PM
    Entropy
    Rab, all this talking and no pictures? You do realize that us BP.neters require photos to survive?
  • 11-30-2006, 07:56 AM
    rabernet
    I'm going to take pictures this evening - because......we have BABIES!!!!
    Karl tiptoed into the bedroom about 12:30 last night and whispered "wake up! She's having her babies!!!"

So, I got to see her have a few of them, but she seemed a little disturbed by the audience, so we left her alone.

This morning she came off of them to greet me and I tried in very low light (Karl's brother is in town for one night and on the couch) to do a head count. There's at least 10 babies, but probably more! :D
  • 11-30-2006, 08:26 AM
    frankykeno
    Congrats on your first rat litter Robin! Can't wait to see pics and hear the head count once you've had a chance to check over the litter tonight. Glad she did well on her first go round.
  • 11-30-2006, 10:07 AM
    tigerlily
    YEAH! You must be dancing around like crazy today. :clap:
  • 11-30-2006, 11:19 AM
    JLC
    And they say a watched rat never pops??? :P Congrats, Robin!! You're a proud new ratty gran'ma!! :halohorn:

(They do say that, don't they? I know someone has said it somewhere...surely....right???) :rolleye2:
  • 11-30-2006, 11:55 AM
    frankykeno
    Errr no Judy no one ever says that...so we'll credit it to you....hehehehehe http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...iley/Taunt.gif