Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,124

0 members and 3,124 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 04-09-2021, 02:55 PM
    Caitlin
    Another cutie from 'Ratsnakes in predicaments' FB group
  • 04-09-2021, 03:09 PM
    Bogertophis
    Unable to deliver the mail because of THAT little guy!? What a wuss mail carrier...:rolleyes: I'm surprised they were brave enough to stick on that notice? :D
  • 04-09-2021, 04:58 PM
    Snagrio
    Re: Another cutie from 'Ratsnakes in predicaments' FB group
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Unable to deliver the mail because of THAT little guy!? What a wuss mail carrier...:rolleyes: I'm surprised they were brave enough to stick on that notice? :D

To be fair, people who aren't familiar with snakes are always worried that any they come across are venomous (a question everybody here has undoubtedly been asked of their pets at least once). So I can't say I blame the mailman here for not wanting to stick his hand in a box with a wild serpent in it.
  • 04-09-2021, 05:09 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    To be fair, people who aren't familiar with snakes are always worried that any they come across are venomous (a question everybody here has undoubtedly been asked of their pets at least once). So I can't say I blame the mailman here for not wanting to stick his hand in a box with a wild serpent in it.

I understand the typical lack of familiarity ;) but when your line of work means you work outside, it's a good plan to be aware of what lives in your area. It really goes with the job. And that tiny snake is anything but fierce. :rofl:
  • 04-09-2021, 06:13 PM
    bcr229
    Impossible, it's not legal to ship snakes USPS. :colbert:
  • 04-09-2021, 06:50 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Impossible, it's not legal to ship snakes USPS. :colbert:

He wasn't delivered, he was apparently waiting for mail (or the carrier?). :D The note from USPS was to let the customer know why their mail wasn't delivered.