Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,205

1 members and 3,204 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Pricing a Hognose

Printable View

• 01-26-2009, 10:02 AM
    mckittie
    Pricing a Hognose
    Last night I visited Sea World in Salem NH and spotted for the first time ever in person, This tiny little Hognose for sale. I am interested in buying one, Only it was $149.99!

I am not sure if that's a decent price, Because I've never seen one in stores. Any suggestions on where to buy and the price range I should be looking for?

Thank you
  • 01-26-2009, 10:24 AM
    Shrap
    Re: Pricing a Hognose
    The average price of normal Western Hognoses are around $70.

If you dont mind paying shipping then you can always check the classifieds at Fauna or KS.

I personally would recommend that you attend a herp show if there are ever any in your area. You will more than likely be able to walk away with one for closer to $50.
  • 01-26-2009, 11:38 AM
    herpguy311
    I agree with going to a herp show and finding one. $50-$70 is what you will be looking at for a normal.
  • 01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
    Dragnbaron
    My very first hognose was about 149. It was WAY too much. Keep looking around, i'm sure you'll find some better deals out there.
  • 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
    mckittie
    The New England Reptile Expo is in April in the town just outside mine in New Hampshire. Perhaps I'll wait til then

Thanks Guys and Gals
  • 01-26-2009, 09:52 PM
    Hardwikk
    $50-$60. Maybe $75 from someone really reputable. $150 is a rip-off (no offense to anyone). In some places you can get an Albino for that price, so why spend it on some Normal for 3x the price? Look around for an expo (that New England one sounds big), and hopefully you'll find one for the right price.
  • 01-27-2009, 07:10 PM
    anatess
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardwikk View Post
    $50-$60. Maybe $75 from someone really reputable. $150 is a rip-off (no offense to anyone). In some places you can get an Albino for that price, so why spend it on some Normal for 3x the price? Look around for an expo (that New England one sounds big), and hopefully you'll find one for the right price.

Yes, yes, I had to pay $140 for a western normal. I know it was waaaaayyyy too high, but it was Christmas week, the hognose from Texas (het albino for $120 shipped) could not get shipped because it was waaaayyyy too cold and my son will not have anything to open on Christmas Eve if we don't get him the snake. So, we bit the bullet and got it. It's okay, he is a super duper snake. He is worth it to us. And I guess that's what matters.
  • 01-28-2009, 10:49 PM
    Hardwikk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Yes, yes, I had to pay $140 for a western normal. I know it was waaaaayyyy too high, but it was Christmas week, the hognose from Texas (het albino for $120 shipped) could not get shipped because it was waaaayyyy too cold and my son will not have anything to open on Christmas Eve if we don't get him the snake. So, we bit the bullet and got it. It's okay, he is a super duper snake. He is worth it to us. And I guess that's what matters.

I understand. If I had enough money to put aside I would do that too. Thing is I don't spend more than $50 on one item.
  • 01-29-2009, 04:31 PM
    mckittie
    Anyone here sell them?

I am waiting on my income tax paperwork, My return will be decent and I'd love to get one for a fair price.

Saying as I am unemployed / starting a company ( not reptile related by the way ) I am able to stay home and await the arrival! :snake:
  • 01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
    Dragnbaron
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mckittie View Post
    The New England Reptile Expo is in April in the town just outside mine in New Hampshire. Perhaps I'll wait til then

Thanks Guys and Gals

They're okay but they don't cary too many hognoses and they may not carry any at all soon, because everyone hears rear fanged venemous and gets freaked out. White Plains is better ofr it if you feel like driving 3 hours... The ones in Pennsy are GREAT for hognoses, but that's a good 7 hours away from you.