Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,443

2 members and 3,441 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
  • 01-03-2019, 08:53 PM
    Dianne
    Re: ROLL CALL: Who's attending New England Reptile Expo, January 6?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I will NOT be coming home with a snake, I will NOT be coming home with a snake, I will NOT be coming home with a snake....

I usually say that, too.....you see how well that’s worked out. I’ll wish you the best of luck! :D
  • 01-03-2019, 08:56 PM
    MR Snakes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I will NOT be coming home with a snake, I will NOT be coming home with a snake, I will NOT be coming home with a snake....

Ugggh, gonna be tough...especially unsupervised by my girlfriend....

I'll be heading up with a buddy and meeting my brother and 4 year old niece there. While my brother and niece are there I'll be showing them around since it's their first show. But I'm happy to say hi and meet up for a bit.

I'll post the day of with more details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I usually say that, too.....you see how well that’s worked out. I’ll wish you the best of luck! :D

It's really easy. Just have no cage, no supplies and no food = no problem!
  • 01-03-2019, 09:01 PM
    Dianne
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post

The problem is, it’s so easy to buy a tub from Target/Wal-Mart, pick up a heat mat from the pet store, get a thermostat and Acurite next day from Amazon, and order rats for the following week. Of course, once you’re part of the obsession, I mean hobby, you usually have some spare parts lying around. :D
  • 01-03-2019, 09:28 PM
    WhompingWillow
    Quote:

The problem is, it’s so easy to buy a tub from Target/Wal-Mart, pick up a heat mat from the pet store, get a thermostat and Acurite next day from Amazon, and order rats for the following week. Of course, once you’re part of the obsession, I mean hobby, you usually have some spare parts lying around. :D

Ditto. While not ideal, I've definitely set up a few enclosures on the fly, like the time I went to Tinley and brought home 3 snakes instead of 2. You get pretty good at it eventually. :)
  • 01-03-2019, 09:43 PM
    MR Snakes
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    Ditto. While not ideal, I've definitely set up a few enclosures on the fly, like the time I went to Tinley and brought home 3 snakes instead of 2. You get pretty good at it eventually. :)

My wife has told me to stay away from you two!:colbert::snake:
  • 01-03-2019, 09:47 PM
    Dianne
    Quote:

My wife has told me to stay away from you two!:colbert::snake:

I never said I was a good role model! I’m an enabler instead! :w00t:
  • 01-04-2019, 09:26 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Yeah, but I've got extras of all that stuff...
    Won't be easy...
  • 01-05-2019, 04:36 PM
    GeneticsWizard
    I'll hopefully see craigafrechette, MR Snakes, DaddyBennet, daksk, and anyone else from here at the reptile expo tomorrow.

As a way to find each other, I'll say that I'm ~6', slim with short hair, and I'll be wearing jeans, a black/brown plaid shirt, and I'll have a brown leather jacket with me. Please say "hi" if you see me. Do we need a secret handshake? ;-)

I'll try to get there near opening time, as I know some people are leaving before the end of the show to go to NERD.
  • 01-05-2019, 10:19 PM
    MR Snakes
    I'll post pics at the show. I'll be wearing a Sherwin Williams full white paint suit so that it'll be easy to spot the mites!
  • 01-05-2019, 10:27 PM
    MR Snakes
    I'll have jeans, blue boots, blue/black flannel with a Cool as a Moose hat......and a 16 and 9 year old boys in tow. Planning on the 11:00 class/seminar.