Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,067

3 members and 3,064 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Spraying enclosure

Printable View

• 10-02-2020, 12:47 PM
    NebulaJam
    Spraying enclosure
    Hey everyone, just wondering how many times you spray/mist your enclosures? I use orchid bank and a CHE and I’ve just noticed her going into blue for the first time since she’s been home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 10-02-2020, 12:51 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Really depends on your humidity levels.
    I don't spray my boa or bp enclosures at all.
    I do mist my ATBs when I see they are going into shed (or dump water into the substrate)
  • 10-02-2020, 12:58 PM
    Charles8088
    Re: Spraying enclosure
    I spray like twice a week. No set schedule, just when I remember. Buy, about twice a week.

Animal Plastics TO enclosure, with coco husk substrate. Humidity in my house is generally low.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  • 10-02-2020, 01:42 PM
    Craiga 01453
    There's no one size fits all answer to that question since we all live in different areas with different climates. We also keep our houses differently regarding temps and humidity.

As long as your humidity is in check only mist as needed. For what it's worth, I don't mist at all.
  • 10-04-2020, 03:38 AM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NebulaJam View Post
    Hey everyone, just wondering how many times you spray/mist your enclosures? I use orchid bank and a CHE and I’ve just noticed her going into blue for the first time since she’s been home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooo generally speaking spray every couple of days or so BUT when they first go into shed / hiding I then spray well EACH day and then when they reappear , back in colour and eyes clear THEN spray a couple of times each day . In my experience method practically guarantees a perfect shed ... each time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 10-09-2020, 04:52 PM
    JobForARetic
    Ideally, never.
  • 10-10-2020, 01:41 PM
    Sonny1318
    I definitely spray in the winter as soon as I notice their bellies turning pink. In the summer not as much. Like others said depends on your state, choice of caging. I also use a whole house humidifier (gets dry in the winter in Chicago) But with proper caging, ideally never. Never hurts to have a large water bowl either. ✌️
  • 10-10-2020, 02:28 PM
    Trinityblood
    Never. When my dude goes into shed I put a damp washcloth over the hot hide for a few hours then take it out. Bin stays extra humid for over 8 hours. Perfect sheds.