Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,045

0 members and 3,045 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,112
Threads: 248,550
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NxtGenExotics
  • 03-31-2006, 01:18 AM
    xdeus
    Do breeding females get moody?
    Okay, one of my big ladies tried to sample my face tonight. She's an aggressive feeder, but I haven't fed her in a couple of weeks. She seemed like she was a little restless tonight, so I thought I would open her bin and let her hang her head out for a while. I'm not sure if it was a hunger strike, but fortunately she missed even though I wasn't expecting it (she has lousy aim).

I was just wondering if females typically get moody or ornery during breeding season? Or was this just a fluke? I wasn't around my rats tonight, so I know scent wasn't a factor, and she's usually pretty mellow. Well, at least my kids learned a couple choice words to add to their vocabulary tonight. :rolleyes:
  • 03-31-2006, 01:22 AM
    Adam_Wysocki
    Re: Do breeding females get moody?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xdeus
    I was just wondering if females typically get moody or ornery during breeding season?

Big time! ... I was attacked by a big girl tonight ... came at me like a chainsaw!... Building follicles is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE ... at least that's what I've heard. ;)

-adam
  • 03-31-2006, 02:03 AM
    xdeus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    Big time! ... I was attacked by a big girl tonight ... came at me like a chainsaw!... Building follicles is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE ... at least that's what I've heard. ;)

-adam

Whew! That's good to know... I think. :crazy:
  • 03-31-2006, 07:31 AM
    Gecko Den
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xdeus
    I was just wondering if females typically get moody or ornery during breeding season?

You can drop the "during breeding season" from that and truer words may never have been spoken!
    And the snakes can get moody too......;)
  • 03-31-2006, 07:48 AM
    frankykeno
    I don't know about big females in breeding season but I know the whole "teenage angst" thing Adam talks about is true LOL. When one of our females hit whatever is the snakey equivalent of puberty she got wierd for awhile. None of her usual nice "hi how are you" attitude...it was all about..."where's my rat! gimme it and go away!" She gained a fair bit of weight/length and then seemed to settle back down again to her normal routines.
  • 03-31-2006, 09:01 AM
    sweety314
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko Den
    You can drop the "during breeding season" from that and truer words may never have been spoken!

GD,

Dems fightin' words!!!!!!! :tricho:

hee hee hee hee hee:giggle:
  • 03-31-2006, 09:33 AM
    joepythons
    If she is moody now watch out when she lays the eggs and you try(stress on try) to take her eggs:taz: .Also AMEN to the females being moody at times:P :rolleye2: .Just joking ladies :oops: (whispers to the guys "just trying to save my life lol")
  • 03-31-2006, 09:45 AM
    Melicious
    Oh no. I'm a woman and I say that most women use the whole period thing as an excuse to be *****es to men. O_O

As far as your female? Congrats! I get to wait another year before my little girl is good and old enough to mate. -Bounces.- I want an adult male SO bad. O_O
  • 03-31-2006, 10:05 AM
    Emilio
    Do they really attack you when your trying to take their egg's like other animals do?
  • 03-31-2006, 10:08 AM
    iceman25
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Melicious
    Oh no. I'm a woman and I say that most women use the whole period thing as an excuse to be *****es to men. O_O
    O_O

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that to a certain extent, lol :D

P.S Would you mind resizing your signature to the site recomended limits. Sometimes, during my caffeine deprived "mindnotworkinginthemorning" phase, I keep wondering why she keeps posting the same awesome pic over and over again, lol :P :D :colbert2: