Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,275

1 members and 3,274 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
  • 04-14-2019, 10:40 PM
    GiddyGoat
    Re: POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?
    Yeah I was bit a mere one time but that’s because stupid me aligned my hand with chest snake after smelling like mouse. He let go though, think he realized it was my hand and not the mouse that he was smelling, LOL!
  • 05-29-2019, 08:16 AM
    Miranda2
    I remember the first time I ever got bit by a bp. I had taken in a rescue and was in a hurry to feed him cause I had to go out. I threw in the rat and realized it was in a bad spot so used my hand to move it, lol..
  • 05-29-2019, 04:49 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Miranda2 View Post
    I remember the first time I ever got bit by a bp. I had taken in a rescue and was in a hurry to feed him cause I had to go out. I threw in the rat and realized it was in a bad spot so used my hand to move it, lol..

Or what I call a "teachable moment" lol... (scent + motion + warmth = bite! :D )
  • 05-29-2019, 08:44 PM
    Werewolves
    Once so far for me. It was my fault (as usual) - I thought her head was inside a hide with the rest of her body while I reached in to rearrange some things. But her head was actually poking out and hidden by a plant, and she thought my dangling hand was food so she struck. A good reminder to be more careful next time!
  • 07-29-2019, 09:10 AM
    drew5337
    See The Chronicles of Chompy thread in the pics section...:rofl:
  • 09-12-2019, 08:49 PM
    glowstone
    he bit me once but only when he was hungry and i was very sweaty so i probably smelled more like food than me! learned my lesson about handling when im sweaty after work
  • 09-16-2019, 05:04 AM
    Jukeboxhero
    https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...105_224040.jpg
    Here is 1 of 3 times of being bit, 95% sure from picking it up when I should've fed it 😅
  • 09-20-2019, 07:38 PM
    Jukeboxhero
    So today I needed help moving my tank around so I call my brother over. He's handled my BP before and has never been bit. He pulls my snake out, supports correctly, is super calm and the snake IS relaxed - no tension, tongue flicking, etc. My snake was fed 3 days ago, so he shouldn't be nippy. Sure enough, my snake is roaming on my brothers arm, faces his hand and slowly bites his hand, then tightens its body. My brother knew what to look for and didn't see it coming, and this isn't the first time my snake has done this (its bit me like this a few times). To get it to release we run its head under cold water and put it back into its tank. THEN - this has never happened before - the snake starts dunking its own head in its water bowl for about 5 minutes before it roams its tank. Does anyone know what that is about???
  • 10-15-2019, 10:13 AM
    Ella_S
    None of mine have bitten me yet... and one is a hatchling, so I was really expecting her to be more defensive... I cut myself a little on my Sam's tooth once while checking for a URI, but I guess that doesn't count :P

...that said, when I eventually get bitten, I'm about 99.999% sure it will have been my fault :D
  • 02-16-2020, 12:03 PM
    Zincubus
    POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?
    I went years without a bite even with 20 odd snakes including Retics , baby Boas , Kings and Burms .. then I got tagged a few times in a couple of weeks . . Think it was just a combination of complacency and tiredness

I was done by a Woma python ( feeding time ) , Albino boa who was in shed but I hadn’t realised and a Florida King whilst taking photos of a few snakes and not washing my hands in between

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro