Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,407

3 members and 3,404 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Little Luna

Printable View

• 07-31-2017, 04:03 AM
    Sauzo
    Havent taken pics of Luna in a while. Got a couple of her in her new T10 and her first time getting to experience the open door like the bigger snakes get. She seems to enjoy looking outside and investigating lol.https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...d315a9d6_h.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...3f1ebe29_h.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...7d8d1723_h.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...901f5eba_h.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...d9add69b_h.jpg
  • 08-03-2017, 04:27 AM
    Sauzo
    Was doing the rounds tonight of digging in substrate for hidden 'easter eggs' and as I was scooping a poop out of the front corner of Luna's T10, I see this little head sneaking up on my hand lol. Who says Dumeril boas don't like to climb? Luna will prove them wrong lol.https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...33018fb0_h.jpg
  • 08-03-2017, 05:34 AM
    Reinz
    Your little beauty is sure growing quite well.

I've wanted a Dum for so long, but other snakes keep getting in the way. And now I'm about out of room. I reckon I'll live vicariously through you and Red Shepard for now. :)

Please keep updating as she grows!
  • 08-03-2017, 06:48 PM
    Sauzo
    Thanks man. I was my reptile shop today buying everyone dinner and they had 2 hatchling Coastal Carpet Pythons. I was sooooo tempted lol. They were so cute. They were about 12" each and had the tiniest little heads and were cruising all over. I got 2 extra cages, one if i end up following through with getting a Gila but not sure. I really cant afford a bite from one as I'm sure it would put me out of commission for a couple weeks. Want a Pucallpa Peruvian BCC and a Peruvian Longtail boa BCL but those 2 little coastal carpets were so freakin cute!! How's the temperament on your coastals?
  • 08-03-2017, 09:11 PM
    Reinz
    My three Coastals and 2 Jungles are tame as can be. If you get a hatchling Expect it to be defensive for the first year to year and a half. Could be more or less. If it never is, then consider yourself blessed.

I really feel that Allison will grow out of her defensiveness. And your pet shop will be able to sell her soon, if not already.
  • 08-03-2017, 09:56 PM
    Sauzo
    Re: Little Luna
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    My three Coastals and 2 Jungles are tame as can be. If you get a hatchling Expect it to be defensive for the first year to year and a half. Could be more or less. If it never is, then consider yourself blessed.

I really feel that Allison will grow out of her defensiveness. And your pet shop will be able to sell her soon, if not already.

They still have her and she is still defensive. Not as bad to tag you across the cage anymore but they use a hook on her also and said she is still 'sassy'. And yeah the coastals are hatchlings. They have had them about a month or two she told me but when they got them, they were tiny. Right now, when i looked at them, they are about as thick as a pencil and like 12".

She told me they are nippy like pretty much all carpets but being as young as they are, she said if i picked one, i shouldnt have a problem taming it down if handled a little every week.
  • 08-03-2017, 11:07 PM
    Gio
    Looking great.
    A very neat part of the boa family IMO.

You have a nice solid collection.
  • 08-03-2017, 11:51 PM
    Gio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    They still have her and she is still defensive. Not as bad to tag you across the cage anymore but they use a hook on her also and said she is still 'sassy'. And yeah the coastals are hatchlings. They have had them about a month or two she told me but when they got them, they were tiny. Right now, when i looked at them, they are about as thick as a pencil and like 12".

She told me they are nippy like pretty much all carpets but being as young as they are, she said if i picked one, i shouldnt have a problem taming it down if handled a little every week.

A young carpet bite is nothing. Mine was a yearling and bit me often. I started going right ar her with a tight, closed fist and she wasn't too interested in biting. I also used a perch and she felt much more comfortable being out.
    Not sure where I'd fall between a Brisbane locale coasty or an Iquitos Peruvian though. Boas are awesome but so are carpets.
  • 08-04-2017, 12:25 AM
    Sauzo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    A young carpet bite is nothing. Mine was a yearling and bit me often. I started going right ar her with a tight, closed fist and she wasn't too interested in biting. I also used a perch and she felt much more comfortable being out.
    Not sure where I'd fall between a Brisbane locale coasty or an Iquitos Peruvian though. Boas are awesome but so are carpets.

Yeah, those little coastals were sooooo cute but after thinking a bit, i think I'm going to hold out for either an Iquitos or Pucallpa Peruvian BCC and a high contrast Peruvian Longtail BCL. I've always been a boa guy. I know what they are about and my 'kids' have all been awesome so no reason to deviate from the plan :)
  • 08-04-2017, 03:35 AM
    Reinz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Yeah, those little coastals were sooooo cute but after thinking a bit, i think I'm going to hold out for either an Iquitos or Pucallpa Peruvian BCC and a high contrast Peruvian Longtail BCL. I've always been a boa guy. I know what they are about and my 'kids' have all been awesome so no reason to deviate from the plan :)

Very understandable, it's a tough choice in which neither is wrong! :)