Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,278

2 members and 3,276 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Activity

Printable View

• 01-20-2019, 02:41 AM
    Vinc
    Activity
    So I’ve had my ball python for about a month now , and was just wondering a few things , when I first got her first couple days she was hiding , she ate when I fed her after about 4 days , then she was more hiding ate again , then she went into shed , ever since she has been out of shed she is out of her hide 85% of the time , Romming around (she is very curious) or sitting on top of her hide or on some leaves I have . I’m just wondering if this is okay . After she got used to where everything is she just sits out the whole time . She eats every time I feed her , she’d very well , temps are good . She’s healthy but usally I see ball pythons hiding 😂. she was in a tub before I got her tho idk if that makes a difference.
  • 01-20-2019, 02:59 AM
    Luvyna
    Re: Activity
    What are the temps and humidity in her enclosure? How heavy is she and what sized prey is she eating? What kind of substrate are you using?

I think activity during the night is normal, but if she's out of her hide 85% of the day something is most likely wrong, although it's probably something that isn't too serious and can be easily fixed since she's eating well.
  • 01-20-2019, 04:44 AM
    Vinc
    temps are warm side 88-90 cool side 82-85, humidity usally around 45% to 55% . Just confuses me like she is very very active , she has been romming around for like 3 hours now that I turned the light off and it’s cooler in there . Just wondering like if this is bad or something is wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t get me wrong she does hide , but not that much
  • 01-20-2019, 04:59 AM
    Vinc
    Also if someone could get back to me , she is about 6 months old and I’m feeding hoppers , now she is decently big , she is a bit thicker then a hopper , maybe she is this active Beacsue she is hungry?? Should I size up ?
  • 01-20-2019, 06:11 AM
    SquirmyPug
    Roaming around when you turn the lights off is normal. How active is it when the lights are on? How are you checking temperatures?
  • 01-20-2019, 09:42 AM
    MR Snakes
    Probably time to size up as she is probably hungry. I'd also bring to cool side temp down to 80 and the high side at 88.
  • 01-20-2019, 10:29 AM
    Dianne
    Bps pretty much start out on hoppers, so most likely it is time to size up. I have 4 bps in the 6 month range and all are eating small/medium adult mice.
  • 01-20-2019, 12:24 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinc View Post
    So I’ve had my ball python for about a month now , and was just wondering a few things , when I first got her first couple days she was hiding , she ate when I fed her after about 4 days , then she was more hiding ate again , then she went into shed , ever since she has been out of shed she is out of her hide 85% of the time , Romming around (she is very curious) or sitting on top of her hide or on some leaves I have . I’m just wondering if this is okay . After she got used to where everything is she just sits out the whole time . She eats every time I feed her , she’d very well , temps are good . She’s healthy but usally I see ball pythons hiding 😂. she was in a tub before I got her tho idk if that makes a difference.

As mentioned in ypur other thread, she's hungry.
  • 01-20-2019, 02:24 PM
    Luvyna
    Agreed with the above: sounds like she's hungry. She can probably eat weanlings or young adult mice--something that's about as thick or slightly thicker than the widest part of her body.