Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,241

1 members and 3,240 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Greetings

Printable View

• 07-06-2019, 11:58 PM
    Burticus
    Greetings
    Hello and greetings from AZ. It is the time of the year in which I question why my family and I still live here in this heat! I never knew much about snakes and was fairly scared of them until stumbling upon some youtube videos.
    I fell in love with ball pythons and of course scoured these forums, then I went and held some to see if I could even hold a snake! Turns out I can, and I brought home my very first snake, a little male normal bp last week. Last night was first time I fed him and he did so good!

Super excited I found this community and look forward to continuing to learn. Also, would love to meet some more people in the east valley as I do not have a single friend that owns snakes haha. I'm gonna go to my first reptile expo this month, Repticon, which I'm really looking forward to. It is a small miracle I convinced my wife to let me bring the noodle home, but I think after she saw our son holding a bp in our local reptile store that sealed the deal! :cool:
  • 07-07-2019, 12:01 AM
    dakski
    Re: Greetings
    Welcome.

This forum is a resource and we are here to help.

Don't be be afraid to ask questions.

Good luck with your little one and keep us posted.
  • 07-07-2019, 02:38 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of snake keeping!!!

This is a great community to learn from. Ask any questions you may have, we're happy to help.
  • 07-07-2019, 06:26 AM
    sur3fir3
    Hey! I'm from az too. I was going to goto repticon until someone here told me that last year you could walk all of repticon in about 15 minutes. If you are going I can see if my girlfriend still wants to go or not. PM me and let me know :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  • 07-07-2019, 08:22 AM
    Zincubus
    Welcome !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 07-07-2019, 11:53 AM
    Bogertophis
    :welcome: I got into snakes as an adult too, but that was a long time & many snakes ago... :rofl:
  • 07-07-2019, 05:06 PM
    Burticus
    Yea I'm 31 with a wife, 4 year old, and another one on the way! Feel like I've missed out on so much without getting into it earlier. I relate to snakes far too much, food, sleep, and a dark cave! @sur3fir3, sure thing. I did think the booth listings looked a little light, but hopefully more will come than what they have listed. I'm planning on going both days, first day by myself and second with the family most likely, but I will be sure to throw you a PM closer to the event!
  • 07-07-2019, 06:01 PM
    Reinz
    Welcome aboard!

Smooth move on getting the snake approval. :gj: