Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,288

2 members and 3,286 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 10-27-2011, 02:32 AM
    heathers*bps
    In PA you can't own hedgehogs, sugar gliders, quacker parrots and anything native.
  • 04-30-2012, 09:15 PM
    I-KandyReptiles
    I live in Alberta, Canada and other than poisonous snakes, etc, we are a rat free province.

I just recently learned that ASFs are legal, but normal rats are only available frozen.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4cjaoe
  • 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
    Mike41793
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbafett View Post
    I live in Alberta, Canada and other than poisonous snakes, etc, we are a rat free province.

I just recently learned that ASFs are legal, but normal rats are only available frozen.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4cjaoe

venemous*.
    ;)
  • 05-01-2012, 01:07 AM
    I-KandyReptiles
    Sorry, I'm a n00b. Ahaha xD
  • 05-01-2012, 06:35 AM
    kitedemon
    Bobbafett that is ok easily done. In my provence (NS) one municipality has illegalized poisonous snakes... I don't believe there are any... :D oh and another accidentally placed dogs as not legal too...
  • 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM
    Scarmane123
    Re: Illegal Animals In Your State
    Types of wildcats cant be all though.
    There are many more for Virginia right? I so badly want a coyote, but I don't know if it is legal in Virginia State.
  • 01-14-2013, 09:07 PM
    GoFride
    Aaron! It's a zombie invasion!
  • 01-14-2013, 10:52 PM
    snowcolt
    not many here. was looking when i got my hedgehog.

mostly fish or any animals outside the state like out of state fox, coyete, stuff like that. no reptiles are mentioned
  • 01-14-2013, 11:06 PM
    loonunit
    Jeez, I sincerely hope there aren't any weird rules about transporting pythons across the AZ/CA border. Several of my females come from CA, and I've sold a pied and a cinny to CA buyers this year.

What BPelizabeth said about desert tortoises: in both Maricopa and Pima counties you're only supposed to have one captive tortoise per property, and it's supposed to be registered. You're never supposed to breed them, and you're never supposed to reintroduce them into the wild, because they could have picked up non-native parasites brought over by European and African imports. (Also, in Phoenix, a lot of the tortoise are desert/California hybrids, so aren't strictly native.)

People break all of these rules, of course: I know Tucsonans who have had their (mated) pair of desert tortoises in the family for generations, and they never even knew these laws existed. They found out when they found a bunch baby tortoises bopping around their yard and did a google search on husbandry.

There are all sorts of rules about capturing and keeping native animals. I've really only looked into tortoise and arizona green rat snakes, because those are the ones I've thought about keeping. Most of the rules are about protection of the native population.
  • 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM
    katiekat
    I think its unusual that in GA all non-venomous natives are illegal, but you can keep native venomous without permits... last time I checked with GA DNR permits were only required for exotic venomous.