Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,063

0 members and 3,063 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,122
Threads: 248,564
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455
  • 09-06-2019, 06:43 PM
    Idon'tknow
    Re: I need help getting my ball python's weight up please
    aah
    I see
    thank you so much for the help!
  • 09-06-2019, 06:48 PM
    Idon'tknow
    aah
    I see
    thank you so much for the help! I really appreciate it
  • 09-06-2019, 06:50 PM
    Awesomethepossum
    I'm looking to switch mine over to rats as well, but I was told that it helps to make the rat smell like a mouse- either by rubbing mouse bedding on the rat, or even thawing the two together.

Dante is still intimidated by the rat as yours is, but I was told to wait a bit longer until he's more established weight-wise, and can comfortably miss a meal or two. But like others have said, some never take a mouse.

1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP
    0.1 Bearded dragon
    1.2 Leopard gecko
    0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog
  • 09-06-2019, 07:15 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Idon'tknow View Post
    I feed him adult mice (or at least I've been told they are adult mice) that weigh about 10 grams (they might weigh a little more than that but I don't have any with me right now so I can't check)
    he weighs around 285 grams

10 grams is what I feed to a BP out of the egg and adult mouse is 25 to 35 grams, jumbos up to 45 to 50 grams so it's not the wrong prey just the wrong size.
  • 09-06-2019, 10:25 PM
    HerpNurse
    i am "rehabing a 'rescue' snake. I took it to the vet due to my concerns with being so much smaller than online guidelines. Probably born Aug 2018. his weight increased from 135 gr (6/21/19) to 296 gr (9/29/19).
    roughly a little under 3 months. the vet said he was not too small and that he would never be a large snake. I realize that every snake is different like so many other posts have mentioned. I did increase him from hopers to adult mice and then to 1 small rat. It doesnt sound like my rehab snake is typical. It sounds like you have tried all the right things. Have you kept a feeding chart. I can see how this snake is growing/eating/times/weights/etc. You are doing a good job. If you still have doubts take him to a certified ARAV.org vet in your area. Good luck
  • 09-09-2019, 02:25 AM
    Joykoins
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Awesomethepossum View Post
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...7833a7390d.jpg

1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP
    0.1 Bearded dragon
    1.2 Leopard gecko
    0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog

Lol, this guy looks like hes expecting me to answer a riddle before allowing me to pass through his cave.
  • 09-10-2019, 11:32 PM
    Awesomethepossum
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Joykoins View Post
    Lol, this guy looks like hes expecting me to answer a riddle before allowing me to pass through his cave.

Tallulah is a beast. Feeding time is scary, she's a food dumpster and has gone around the tongs to try to grab my hand numerous times. And pacman frogs don't let go. :/

BTW she's only a baby XD Just like my snake, she's about 3 months old.

1.0 Pumpkin Pied BP, 0.1 Bearded dragon, 1.2 Leopard gecko, 0.1 Ornate Pacman Frog