Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,974

1 members and 2,973 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Darth Smeagol

Printable View

• 11-21-2018, 10:26 PM
    zina10
    Darth Smeagol
    It doesn't quite show up on the pics, but tonight Smeagol is the darkest, the most fired up I have ever seen him.

Not sure why. He seems perfectly happy.

[emoji4]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4b6d50e728.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...20043f89b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-21-2018, 10:28 PM
    Dianne
    Re: Darth Smeagol
    Handsome as always. :P I love seeing his color phases.
  • 11-21-2018, 10:48 PM
    Bogertophis
    I think it has to do with him being both healthy & happy to the max. "I am GECKO, hear me ROAR!" :cool:
  • 11-22-2018, 12:13 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    I am so glad you enjoy your Crestie so much now all I have to do is convince you to get something else :D

As far as color change and firing up, they do change color from hatchling to adult and firing up well depends, it can happen for the slightest reasons such as spraying, evening time etc.

As much as I prefer bright snakes, when it comes to geckos I like them on the dark side, just like him.
  • 11-22-2018, 12:36 AM
    zina10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I am so glad you enjoy your Crestie so much now all I have to do is convince you to get something else :D

As far as color change and firing up, they do change color from hatchling to adult and firing up well depends, it can happen for the slightest reasons such as spraying, evening time etc.

As much as I prefer bright snakes, when it comes to geckos I like them on the dark side, just like him.

He is super dark today. The phone cam just isn't picking it up. Even the orange on his face seems to have a dark brown wash all over it. It is so strange, I look at him and he is so dark, then I look at my phone while trying to make the pic, and his oranges look brighter.

Oh well. He is quite the little dark one tonight, wonder what got him all fired up, LOL !!

About the convincing to get something else, where are new pictures and updates on your cute teeny tiny little Leachie? :D
  • 11-22-2018, 12:43 AM
    zina10
    Hey human, lemme outta here!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f8ee110e5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-22-2018, 01:10 AM
    dakski
    Never Underestimate The Power of The Rhacodactylus!

Seriously Zina10, I was talking with Ezzy, and she agrees with Deborah, you need something else, like a Leachie now!

• 11-22-2018, 01:14 AM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    He is super dark today. The phone cam just isn't picking it up. Even the orange on his face seems to have a dark brown wash all over it. It is so strange, I look at him and he is so dark, then I look at my phone while trying to make the pic, and his oranges look brighter.

Oh well. He is quite the little dark one tonight, wonder what got him all fired up, LOL !!

About the convincing to get something else, where are new pictures and updates on your cute teeny tiny little Leachie? :D

I don't pretend to be a Crestie expert. However, Boas change color throughout the day and there does not seem to be a rhyme or reason that I can see. Behira certainly does not seem in a better or worse mood, for example, when she is in her light phase or dark phase, or in between. Just an observation. Cresties could be entirely different. Additionally, the only way I know Ezzy (Leachie) is annoyed with me/us is she literally yells/barks/clicks at us. She can be very vocal. Again, I know all Geckos can "speak" but not sure if Cresties are "talkers."
  • 11-22-2018, 03:06 AM
    richardhind1972
    Very nice indeed

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • 11-22-2018, 04:07 AM
    RickyNY
    That little guy is just too cute :blowkiss: