Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,158

2 members and 3,156 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99

Hognose with mass/lump

Printable View

• 12-22-2018, 02:06 PM
    Sonny1318
    Sorry to hear, wish you the best of luck getting her better.
  • 12-29-2018, 09:18 PM
    GoingPostal
    Well our Thurs appt had to get rescheduled due to weather, so ended up going today. She has been passing blood daily trying to push out waste and this "cyst/tumor/mystery lump". She did pass a large hard dried waste piece on Thursday and some more moved down which she passed a little on the ride to the vet and he performed an enema to remove the rest. We think the cyst has been making her constipated and that's most of the issue at hand. I'm supposed to continue with antibiotics and soaks for another ten days, the cyst has not moved or changed. He wants me to try feeding her in a week or so. I only have adult mice or day old chicks for the little prey available so am debating if I should order smaller prey or chop something up, I think feeding her smallest meals might be crucial right now. Playing it by ear.
  • 12-29-2018, 10:08 PM
    Bogertophis
    Poor little snake...I hope this all works out for the good, & soon. Your prey (on hand) all sounds way too big for her & I've never had success feeding snakes
    with 'chopped up' items, personally.
  • 12-30-2018, 12:36 AM
    dr del
    Re: Hognose with mass/lump
    If I'm remembering right snake pus ( the stuff inside the cyst ) is solid and generally won't go away without being surgically removed - they can't be "drained" like cysts in mammals etc. Hope the li'l guy feels better soon though. :gj:
  • 01-03-2019, 04:22 PM
    GoingPostal
    So we don't know if it's actually a cyst or tumor or infection or what the deal is. Neither vet has suggested going in and removing at this point. Now the mystery lump has either moved or gone down, it's not a lump on her side any more. Not passing any blood or anything else since the appt. She's been not moving around a lot lately but still seems alert. I'm going to order some smaller prey to offer also.
  • 02-24-2019, 11:14 PM
    GoingPostal
    Haven’t updated as there’s been really no change, finished course of antibiotics, the lump went down somewhat to not outwardly visible but still seemed there if I felt her.

I started offering food again, smaller and less frequently to see if things were passing, did not want another clog happening. Still doing occasional soaks. She’s passed urates but no fecal waste. Not leaking fluid or struggling to pass anything so I was cautiously optimistic.

Today I found this in the cage, which I took apart (2nd pic) and it looks to me very much like a leftover slug after all. I chopped into it and it was gooey inside [emoji1785]. Hoping this will be the end of this ordeal.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f8d5fc656a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6fe1a962be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 02-24-2019, 11:16 PM
    Dianne
    Hope this resolves the issue for you and your little one starts to recover.
  • 02-24-2019, 11:37 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    It's amazing that she actually went that long without issue since it was an egg usually things start going down the hill pretty fast if an egg stay in the female.

Glad it's an happy ending.
  • 02-25-2019, 12:36 AM
    Bogertophis
    Wow, let's hope this is all resolved now.
  • 02-25-2019, 07:22 AM
    GoingPostal
    She passed another small bit of white fatty looking stuff and two good sized solid very normal appearing feces later that evening. Yay for poop and she hasn’t had a good one like this on her own since this started. I’m so relieved and bet she’s feeling a lot better too. What a roller coaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk