Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,034

8 members and 1,026 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,108
Threads: 248,546
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, charcharbinks

Got my first boa

Printable View

• 07-24-2019, 11:44 AM
    richardhind1972
    Re: Got my first boa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlton View Post
    Mine does it rather frequently to the point that she thew herself off my arm and on to my lap thank god I was sitting down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of my boas don't like to hold on either and the amount of times I've nearly dropped them is crazy, then some of my others hold on for dear life, lol

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • 07-24-2019, 10:28 PM
    CloudtheBoa
    Yeah, the activity is pretty normal. All of my boas are pretty lazy, and get lazier the older they are, but newcomers are especially antsy. They'll act a bit different for a few weeks or months before settling in and making use of those hides.

The nuzzle bit seems to be related to grip or feeding response, depending on how the snake is acting at the time.
  • 07-25-2019, 05:31 PM
    RedRabbit
    Re: Got my first boa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    They'll act a bit different for a few weeks or months before settling in and making use of those hides.

Thanks, this is helpful to know. My new yearling boa has eaten twice for me now and seems alright so far, but I was wondering why he was largely ignoring his hides, haha. Instead he just seems determined to knock his Acurite over and sit on it.