Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,314

2 members and 3,312 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Soaking boa?

Printable View

• 11-19-2019, 10:12 AM
    Gio
    It looks like you've been given good info from some of the members above.
    One of the best resources I have here at home is THE COMPLETE BOA CONSTRICTOR by Vincent Russo. Soon, I will have the second edition and from what other members here have told me it goes even more in-depth than the first book.

Vin Russo and his friend Gus Rentfro are very well versed in boa constrictor care in captivity and both have done extensive field work.
    You may benefit from owning a copy the new book, or reading anything of the internet written by Gus Rentfro regarding proper boa care.

It is not normal behavior for a boa to soak constantly or even for long periods daily. That behavior should be sending a message that something is off. It may be husbandry, security, or mites.

I'm hoping you can get things dialed in.

Good luck.
  • 11-19-2019, 10:52 AM
    Alien
    Re: Soaking boa?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    It looks like you've been given good info from some of the members above.
    One of the best resources I have here at home is THE COMPLETE BOA CONSTRICTOR by Vincent Russo. Soon, I will have the second edition and from what other members here have told me it goes even more in-depth than the first book.

Vin Russo and his friend Gus Rentfro are very well versed in boa constrictor care in captivity and both have done extensive field work.
    You may benefit from owning a copy the new book, or reading anything of the internet written by Gus Rentfro regarding proper boa care.

It is not normal behavior for a boa to soak constantly or even for long periods daily. That behavior should be sending a message that something is off. It may be husbandry, security, or mites.

I'm hoping you can get things dialed in.

Good luck.

My copy of the second book should be here Friday. Can’t wait to get it.
  • 11-19-2019, 10:53 AM
    richardhind1972
    Re: Soaking boa?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    My copy of the second book should be here Friday. Can’t wait to get it.

It's a really good book

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk