Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,285

0 members and 3,285 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

DIY: Crested Gecko Tubs

Printable View

• 03-29-2010, 01:18 AM
    bad-one
    Re: DIY: Crested Gecko Tubs
    Very nice tubs! This would make an awesome sticky!
  • 03-29-2010, 01:29 AM
    Kaorte
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bad-one View Post
    Very nice tubs! This would make an awesome sticky!

:P I hope so! :giggle:
  • 03-30-2010, 05:53 PM
    jben
    Steffe, did you order that tub online or did you find it in a store? how many qt's is that tub? we're looking into a crestie or gargoyle. thanks
  • 03-30-2010, 06:58 PM
    Kaorte
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jben View Post
    Steffe, did you order that tub online or did you find it in a store? how many qt's is that tub? we're looking into a crestie or gargoyle. thanks

I got them from the container store. They are the deep sweater boxes. I have a container store by me so I went and picked them up.

The tub is the equivalent of a 12g (about 45quarts). Some say that is too small for a single adult crestie, but then they also say 20g is fine for two cresties.
  • 03-30-2010, 10:14 PM
    jben
    Thank you Steffe. BTW nice DIY. we're going to try and build one this weekend, will post pics if we do, not sure where to get a crestie from but we've been checking out jbscresties.
  • 03-30-2010, 10:20 PM
    Kaorte
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jben View Post
    Thank you Steffe. BTW nice DIY. we're going to try and build one this weekend, will post pics if we do, not sure where to get a crestie from but we've been checking out jbscresties.

JB is awesome, I actually got two geckos from her this weekend :) She is a pleasure to do business with, and she is just super nice.

check out Emilys site too: www.cookreptiles.com

She has a lot of great geckos available :)
  • 04-12-2010, 02:35 PM
    diggityDawg
    Awesome DIY, thanks! I've been wanting to do this for a while, and it makes it so easy when you've got every step explained so clearly.

One thing I might add: I saw this when I went to a local breeder's house to buy some babies recently. She had cut about a 3 inch square hole in the front of the tubs (opposite the large square screen) very close to the floor, then she stuck magnet strips around the edge of the hole. She cut a piece of plastic (from the larger hole piece) that is basically the size of the hole plus the width of the magnet strips (about 1/2" more on each side) and stuck magnet strips on that piece to match. Now she has a little door on the front of each tub that she uses to exchange food and water dishes. She just pops it off, then it sticks right back with the magnets. It's pretty strong, so I doubt a crestie could push it off. I haven't done this myself, so couldn't attest to it. But she's been breeding for several years and claims it works great for all sizes... I just thought that was a very cool idea...

Thanks again for the great post!

Eddie
  • 04-12-2010, 04:27 PM
    Kaorte
    Quote:

Originally Posted by diggityDawg View Post
    Awesome DIY, thanks! I've been wanting to do this for a while, and it makes it so easy when you've got every step explained so clearly.

One thing I might add: I saw this when I went to a local breeder's house to buy some babies recently. She had cut about a 3 inch square hole in the front of the tubs (opposite the large square screen) very close to the floor, then she stuck magnet strips around the edge of the hole. She cut a piece of plastic (from the larger hole piece) that is basically the size of the hole plus the width of the magnet strips (about 1/2" more on each side) and stuck magnet strips on that piece to match. Now she has a little door on the front of each tub that she uses to exchange food and water dishes. She just pops it off, then it sticks right back with the magnets. It's pretty strong, so I doubt a crestie could push it off. I haven't done this myself, so couldn't attest to it. But she's been breeding for several years and claims it works great for all sizes... I just thought that was a very cool idea...

Thanks again for the great post!

Eddie

that sounds like an interesting idea! I might have to try that out sometime :)
  • 04-22-2010, 08:12 AM
    pavlovk1025
    STICKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy

Seriously. This needs to be up FOREVER.
  • 04-22-2010, 08:36 AM
    pavlovk1025
    Hey do you mind letting me know LxWxH on one of those tubs? Id like to find a Sterilite equivalent, The Container Store is nowhere near where I live.