Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,542

3 members and 2,539 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 02-08-2013, 11:48 AM
    Anatopism
    Knowing which route my package will take before sending?
    Maybe I'm just not using the right terms to search, or it hasn't been asked yet... but is there a map or way or knowing which path/route my package will take on its way to the final destination, before I ship it? I feel like this is general/common knowledge that I'm just missing. I've not had to ship much, and only once in colder weather, that was a shorter distance than I am needing to ship now. I know to check the temps in both the start and end destinations, but if I am sending an animal across the country, is there a greater likelihood that the box will be exposed to colder temperatures, or will it simply get onto a plane same as any other location, and arrive close enough to the destination that it shouldn't be an issue?

I have some time to figure this out, since it's all around too cold to ship, but would like to know for when it starts to warm up :)
  • 02-08-2013, 12:11 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    When shipping through Fedex there are 3 possibilities as far as I know

Packages will be routes through either of those hubs.

Memphis, TN
    Fort Worth, TX
    Indianapolis, IN
  • 02-09-2013, 01:49 AM
    coldbloodaddict
    Re: Knowing which route my package will take before sending?
    FedEx has 7 sorting facilities in the US and there is no way to determine which one you package will go to.
  • 02-09-2013, 01:57 AM
    loonunit
    I've had a snake going to N. California go through Oakland. I've had two snakes going to Louisville surprise me and go through Indy instead of Memphis (I wasn't happy about that, because it was 10 degrees colder in IN vs. TN).

I haven't figured out a way to predict it yet, and I wish there was a way. It was easier when I just had to check the temperatures in Memphis and at the destination.
  • 02-09-2013, 09:26 PM
    CD CONSTRICTORS
    Re: Knowing which route my package will take before sending?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    When shipping through Fedex there are 3 possibilities as far as I know

Packages will be routes through either of those hubs.

Memphis, TN
    Fort Worth, TX
    Indianapolis, IN

All shipments I've had come TO Florida have gone through Memphis, TN only.
  • 02-09-2013, 09:30 PM
    Anatopism
    I appreciate the responses, guys :) I'll be shipping from WA to CT, so I'm sure the package has quite a few possibilities for it's path. I don't want to ship in crappy weather, and this gives be a better idea of exactly how long I'll have to wait, with the possibilities.
  • 02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
    Mike41793
    Knowing which route my package will take before sending?
    Oh its only 2ft of snow, YOU GOT THIS.

Memphis,TN is where my other ones went through i believe.
  • 02-24-2013, 02:04 AM
    CD CONSTRICTORS
    There must be a way to find out...

Colin Weaver shipped to me on Monday. He said he would only ship if FedEx had it routed through Memphis and not Indy (where it was in the 20's). Sure enough, when he made the label out they had it routed through Memphis, so he shipped. The package did in fact go through Memphis.