Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,288

1 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
  • 05-16-2018, 04:41 PM
    CottonMouth
    Excited to be part of the Community!
    Hello,

Happy to have found this Forum, seems to be the most active online and have the most experienced and enthusiast owners!
    Gets kinda lonely when you're the only one in your group of friends and family who has snakes.

A little about myself, been a snake owner for about 10 years now, consider myself a "Good" owner, no expert but have had my share of experiences and stories.
    A few years ago I decided I no longer wanted to own pet snakes and just preferred to see them outside (Personal Choice, not trying to bash on any owners). However, just couldn't give up my Carpet Python, so for now its just me and her.

Excited to have some good discussions in the future with members on here and get their opinions on some topics!

Info on my snake:

Female Coastal x Jungle Carpet Python
    Approximately 6'8" Long
    3 and a half years
    She's like my pet dog, I let her actions decide what happens that day and she loves to roam in and outside of the house (supervised of course!)
    Hope to take some new pictures this Summer

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/0xYaJdt.jpg
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/aNSfRWK.jpg
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/UQHVd8D.jpg
  • 05-16-2018, 04:48 PM
    Bogertophis
    Welcome! What a beautiful snake! I see she's learning to read meters too...;)

I have been in several forums online, some that disappeared. :( I've known about this one for a while but only joined recently, having assumed
    that it was more for BP owners. I've had BPs in the past, but now keeping various colubrids mostly + a few small boids. I think you fit in perfectly.
  • 05-16-2018, 04:50 PM
    hilabeans
    Welcome!! You are lonely no more for you have found us!

Gorgeous girl you have there, what's her name?
  • 05-16-2018, 04:56 PM
    Gio
    Beautiful!

I have a very similar girl. Mine is a coastal mutt. No idea what's in her other than coastal and don't care.

I love the carpet group and there are some really good folks here with them.

El Ziggy and Reinz to name a couple!
  • 05-16-2018, 04:58 PM
    jmcrook
    Re: Excited to be part of the Community!
    Welcome to the community! Gorgeous carpet you’ve got there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 05-16-2018, 05:11 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Welcome to the forum!!! Glad you found us and decided to join the community!!

Your carpet is gorgeous!! I've been waffling back and forth on my next addition and have been leaning bredli or carpet. Now you're helping to tip the scales even more with that beauty!! Thanks for sharing!!

P.S. it says a lot that you chose to keep your carpet, I've heard a handful of people say they're hands down their favorite species and your story seems to advocate for that as well. Thanks again!!
  • 05-16-2018, 07:40 PM
    CottonMouth
    Thank you everyone for the kind welcome! Very nice people.

I would definitely say I am a member of that group, Carpets are my favourite!
    Other than the fact that she's very active or doesn't always like to stay in her hide, she just has a bit more character than the other snakes I had, which was part of the reason I couldn't let her go.
    I know everyone wishes or might even believe their snake "Loves" them or has an emotional connection like other pets, I don't particularly believe that with snakes. But with her, specifically, I just believe we have a highly exceptional understanding and tolerance towards one another.

I think you'd love having a Carpet Python!
  • 05-16-2018, 07:57 PM
    RickyNY
    Welcome buddy, glad you decided to keep one snake. I can't wait to get my Morelia.
  • 05-16-2018, 10:22 PM
    rock
    That's a good-looking Carpet! Great pics and welcome, you'll find a wealth of information here.
  • 05-16-2018, 10:34 PM
    C.Marie
    She is a beauty , great pictures. How old is this lovely lady ? :D Everyone here is helpful and very kind glad you joined.