Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,284

1 members and 3,283 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

I think my snake loves me

Printable View

• 09-09-2006, 07:55 AM
    shhhli
    Re: I think my snake loves me
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentTigress
    I agree with Dougie. I don't think snakes are capable of 'love' (although my friend insists that my snake hates the world...), I do think they recognize those that hold them all the time. My Children's python is VERY defensive and jumpy when anyone else but me holds her, even if hand her off to the other person.

But then again, my brother's corn snake doesn't seem to react different to anyone at all....hm...now that makes me question my whole opinion...lol

Well there are really laid back people that don't care one way or the other.. maybe the corns a nihilist(sp) lol. if one is to assume they have personalities then the possibilities are endless. cybil and ben hate to initially be picked up but afterwards 'enjoy' 'splorin'. jadis is as sweet as a snake could be, same with crowl-ster.
  • 09-17-2006, 02:59 PM
    kittyish
    i know my bps love me after a good feeding and my lil one loves to wrap around my hair when its in a bun... and so does the big one but i really cant allow him to do that since he is like 1300 grams ...
  • 09-27-2006, 01:07 PM
    snakey68
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kittyish
    i know my bps love me after a good feeding and my lil one loves to wrap around my hair when its in a bun... and so does the big one but i really cant allow him to do that since he is like 1300 grams ...

http://www.boxchamp.com/forum/style_...oxchamp/81.gif and how exactly do your Bp's express their love for you after feeding ? http://www.boxchamp.com/forum/style_...oxchamp/18.gif
  • 09-27-2006, 01:54 PM
    Melicious
    I'd have to agree with Ansli. Once we start claiming personality, the rest is endless. Ophi adores being out, and fights to get out as often as possible. Hadrian spends more time under his hide and will fight to get back in. Ody is content either way...

I think, in their own way, they love me just like I love them and even if they don't have emotions or personalities, etc, I can continue to care for them and love them. My own father swears she truly does love me. (Ophi!)
  • 09-27-2006, 03:00 PM
    jbo901
    [QUOTE=shhhli] So until you have some actual 'scholar' time and can put out some text on your 'beliefs' and have them approved by people of better standing then. just dont.

Do you have any "scholar" time?:confused:
  • 10-03-2006, 08:22 PM
    Sapphire7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snakey68
    http://www.boxchamp.com/forum/style_...oxchamp/81.gif and how exactly do your Bp's express their love for you after feeding ? http://www.boxchamp.com/forum/style_...oxchamp/18.gif

Well sometimes its hard to show emotions, snakes are modest animals. They do show emotions, humans need to stop being one minded dwits... selfish creatures we are, only thinking "us have this, us have that, us us US" :cool: :rolleye2:
  • 10-03-2006, 08:27 PM
    Sapphire7
    [QUOTE=jbo901]
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shhhli
    So until you have some actual 'scholar' time and can put out some text on your 'beliefs' and have them approved by people of better standing then. just dont.

Do you have any "scholar" time?:confused:

Do you have proof? People say the reason why snakes have no feelings is because they are missing a piece of the brain that is the "emotion" box. HELLO, animals all have different body parts and unique creatures. We are all not physically the same, our DNA is not the same. We cannot proofly prove that snakes have no emotions, we cannot touch their brain and ask them " what do you feel?" they cannot speak. Its like scientists who say there is no God, but we all know that their is:D (Yet my belief, just liek your beliefs about no God, or none feeling snakes) Just let us believers believe and you none believers not believe. Capeesh? Or do you "none believers" always want to prove that you are always right? Just let it go.:mad:
  • 10-04-2006, 07:15 AM
    Ginevive
    If I seriously did believe they had feelings and emotions, I would never agree to keep them in small boxes with nothing naturalistic in them. I believe that they have no cares about anything emotional or aesthetic, which is why it's OK to keep them in plain, unadorned and un-naturalistic setups; they don't care. It would break my heart if smoeone kept a human in such basic, non-sensory-stimulating, blank setups; but since snakes don't have emotion or other human traits, it is OK.
  • 10-04-2006, 11:53 AM
    RockSolid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphire7
    We cannot proofly prove that snakes have no emotions,

Huh???:confused:
  • 10-04-2006, 12:05 PM
    Kilo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginevive
    If I seriously did believe they had feelings and emotions, I would never agree to keep them in small boxes with nothing naturalistic in them. I believe that they have no cares about anything emotional or aesthetic, which is why it's OK to keep them in plain, unadorned and un-naturalistic setups; they don't care. It would break my heart if smoeone kept a human in such basic, non-sensory-stimulating, blank setups; but since snakes don't have emotion or other human traits, it is OK.

But how do you honestly know that the snake is ok with being kept like that? The point people here are tyring to make (not taking sides) is how in the hell can you proof that what you are saying if even somewhat correct? Just because the majority agrees?