Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,076

1 members and 3,075 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Hatchling tegu help

Printable View

• 09-10-2018, 12:43 PM
    mdb730
    Hatchling tegu help
    So I picked up two hatchling Blue Tegus and set up two 40 gal exo terra tanks while I build two 6ftx3x2 enclosures for when they are adults, unfortunately one tank was cracked and broken while trying to attach a light fixture to the ceiling. Luckily I had placed the tegu in a feeding bin during this time and it wasn't hurt but long story short I now have two hatchlings in a 40 gal. Would it be ok to keep them together or should I consider separating them?

Any comments would be appreciated.
  • 09-10-2018, 05:47 PM
    monty_python9
    Re: Hatchling tegu help
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mdb730 View Post
    So I picked up two hatchling Blue Tegus and set up two 40 gal exo terra tanks while I build two 6ftx3x2 enclosures for when they are adults, unfortunately one tank was cracked and broken while trying to attach a light fixture to the ceiling. Luckily I had placed the tegu in a feeding bin during this time and it wasn't hurt but long story short I now have two hatchlings in a 40 gal. Would it be ok to keep them together or should I consider separating them?

Any comments would be appreciated.

I’d seperate as soon as possible. Tegus are solitary animals except during breeding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk