Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,171

0 members and 3,171 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
  • 07-20-2014, 10:58 PM
    Soterios
    Saint Louis Area Vet Recommendations?
    I have a ball python that has gone on and off with hunger strikes. She's not eating again and I'd like to take her to a vet. I like in St. Peters, so the closer the better. Anyone in the area have a good recommendation?
  • 07-21-2014, 09:31 AM
    Tbrown806
    Re: Saint Louis Area Vet Recommendations?
    I live in O'Fallon and have been told there is one on Hwy K across from the Target somewhere. Also, i believe the Humane Society in Chesterfield Valley still has a vet that sees reptiles. I'll look around the house, i know i held on to her business card in case i needed it.
  • 07-21-2014, 10:26 AM
    Soterios
    Thanks. I'd really just like someone to take a look at her. Based on the fact that she's very 'normal' otherwise and living in the same rack system as healthy snakes, I doubt she's anything but stubborn. If nothing else it's piece of mind and a tube feeding.
  • 07-21-2014, 11:35 AM
    Archimedes
    Tube feeding should only be used for snakes that are literally dying. She is doing what a ball python does. Unless her fasting is due to an underlying cause, in which case she should see a vet. but the vet shouldn't even offer tube feeding unless it's a dire situation.
  • 07-21-2014, 12:02 PM
    Soterios
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    Tube feeding should only be used for snakes that are literally dying. She is doing what a ball python does. Unless her fasting is due to an underlying cause, in which case she should see a vet. but the vet shouldn't even offer tube feeding unless it's a dire situation.

While I appreciate your concern, please do not clutter this thread. I'm looking for vet information, nothing more.