Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,701

2 members and 2,699 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Toronto 2007..

Printable View

• 08-22-2006, 08:41 AM
    Ginevive
    Toronto 2007..
    I just saw a quick ad on another herp forum, for a herp convention on Toronto in June 2007. I am so excited; this is one I actually can get to!! Anyone think they'll be there? I know we have a long way to go, but I already want to plan on it; it is so close we could just go and come home that night. My man Mark is all for it too.. any takers?
    Anyone know the rules/regulations for bringing herps over the US/Canadian border? At the worst, if we can't do that, we will still go for fun.
  • 08-22-2006, 08:37 PM
    Lindsey
    Re: Toronto 2007..
    Just a quick question....Where abouts in toronto and what date?? And if anyone else knows...what do you have to do to bring your animals there (if your Canadian)

Lindsey
  • 08-22-2006, 08:38 PM
    jglass38
    Most shows don't allow you to bring your animals in. You wouldn't want to anyway. Too much risk of nasties from other people's snakes.
  • 08-22-2006, 09:13 PM
    frankykeno
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginevive
    I just saw a quick ad on another herp forum, for a herp convention on Toronto in June 2007. I am so excited; this is one I actually can get to!! Anyone think they'll be there? I know we have a long way to go, but I already want to plan on it; it is so close we could just go and come home that night. My man Mark is all for it too.. any takers?
    Anyone know the rules/regulations for bringing herps over the US/Canadian border? At the worst, if we can't do that, we will still go for fun.

I may be wrong but I think BP's are a CITES II snake so you'd have to have all the proper paperwork to bring them across an international border as I doubt they'd be considered pets as dogs and cats are. Here's a link with a lot of phone numbers that I guess you could call. Either that or ask Markus Jayne in Canada or Adam Wysocki here in the States...I'm sure both know about the regs for international movement of p. regius.

http://experts.about.com/q/Canada-83...ss-boarder.htm