Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,372

2 members and 3,370 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
  • 10-11-2017, 05:28 PM
    Aedryan Methyus
    Funny Things We Say To Our Snakes
    I thought it would be fun to share some of the funny things we say to our beloved snakes when we're talking to them... As many of us, i'm sure, I always use my "snake voice" and say things with as many S's as I can when i'm talking to my snakes... lol I'll share a couple of the ridiculous things I say to get us started...

Today, when I pulled my Sumatran girl - Samantha out to check on her and hold her for a bit I asked her, "Isss everything jussst sssooo for you today, Mssss. Sssamantha?"

Often, when I have my 2 year old male Boa (Normal BCI Aberrant) - Simon out, my daughter will be holding my little 2017 Boa (Ghost Het Moonglow) girl - Priscilla at the same time across the room. Simon, being very active, attentive and alert always seems to be on the lookout and checking out everything in the room while i'm holding him. In "Simon's voice" I will say, "Are there any sssnakesss available that I can have sssnake sssexxx with?" Eventually, my daughter and Priscilla will always catch his eye and he will stretch clear out, reaching towards them and I will say, "How 'bout that one over there, Methyusss?", "She ssseemss to be the proper ssspeciesss..." Of course, then I always have to explain to him that he will most likely never have an opportunity to have sssexxx with that one, because ssshe'sss a ssspecial princesss... lol

Ridiculousssnesss... :P
  • 10-11-2017, 05:31 PM
    Sunnieskys
    When I see boople out my voice goes higher and I greet her with "hi boople, hi! How is my gorgeous girl? Oh you're so pretty, boop."
  • 10-11-2017, 05:44 PM
    BluuWolf
    Re: Funny Things We Say To Our Snakes
    I don’t know why but when I talk about or for my snakes I do this weird accent and talk in short sentences lol like if they jerk away or get scared talk for them like “Noz! No touch!” Or if they are looking around and exploring they are splorin. As for how I talk to them it’s mostly just a baby voice lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 10-11-2017, 06:02 PM
    Aedryan Methyus
    Speaking of accents, my newest thing is trying talk to my Womas - Sheila and Steve-O in my "snake voice" with all of the S's, while using an Australian accent... lol That one is pretty tricky! lol
  • 10-11-2017, 07:01 PM
    John1982
    I don't talk to my snakes often but I laugh at them all the time - usually when one one almost gets me. It's not a taunting thing either. There's just something about a snake zooming towards me, trying to eat the hand that feeds it, that gives me a good old belly laugh.
  • 10-11-2017, 07:12 PM
    redshepherd
    I just talk in a quiet baby voice, like I would at kittens or something. Usually "hello girly!" or "hello big poopy." at my dumeril's boa :D

If my scrub python or GTP zooms toward my hand/the door or strikes at me, it seems I usually go "you an angry hunger!", "snappity!!" or something along those lines LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluuWolf View Post
    I don’t know why but when I talk about or for my snakes I do this weird accent and talk in short sentences lol like if they jerk away or get scared talk for them like “Noz! No touch!” Or if they are looking around and exploring they are splorin. As for how I talk to them it’s mostly just a baby voice lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same omg, I also react with "ohh no touch!" if they jerk away or are startled! In an affected squeaky voice haha
  • 10-11-2017, 07:52 PM
    Jhill001
    If I talk to them its usually in a normal voice and its because they are doing something stupid or annoying and includes lots of swearing.
  • 10-11-2017, 09:42 PM
    Godzilla78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    I don't talk to my snakes often but I laugh at them all the time - usually when one one almost gets me. It's not a taunting thing either. There's just something about a snake zooming towards me, trying to eat the hand that feeds it, that gives me a good old belly laugh.

+1. I never talk to them, but laugh at them quite often when they do zany stuff like steal their neighbors dinner, rip dead thawed rats in half on accident, climb up walls, escape their tubs, try to scare me in strike position, the usual snek hooligans.
  • 10-11-2017, 10:50 PM
    enginee837
    To our ball pythons I say, "Eat your meat Tina!".
    To our womas I say, "Hey! That's my hand, not food!"
    Pretty much sums up every conversation with them. Definitely one way and they never listen.
  • 10-12-2017, 01:00 AM
    Pezz
    I go with a crocodile hunter accent. "Oi ere we have a large female ball python with a lesser platinum colour morph. She looks like an ungry one, let's see how she reacts to a rat"

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk