Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,266

2 members and 3,264 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 07-11-2016, 05:04 PM
    Ba11er
    as a hobbyist i cant justify the prices of top tier animals but it dosent make me want them any less. If i was running a business and had the cash flow to afford a 10k animal i would.
  • 07-17-2016, 05:15 PM
    kitn
    Re: What's the most you've ever spent or would spend on a single bp?
    I spent $550 for my bumblebee ghi from Ken Macek. After doing a lot of research and studying my possible pairings, I'm pretty pleased with what this little guy can do. He's such a gorgeous Snake and so friendly too. I feel like 800 may be my limit, if it's a pretty good ghi combo. I was first in line for a ghi bel. But it ended up having pastel in it, do the guy bumped the price up to 1000. :/ so with this being dry season for work, I had to pass. I want a female ghi combo anyways....
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...933ab3c9b8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
  • 08-14-2016, 02:09 AM
    butterballpython
    The most I've spent on a ball python is $175.00 plus shipping. I doubt I'd spend more because I don't have any plans to breed fancy morphs. The ones I have make nice pets. But I have spent a lot more than that on a gecko. :D
  • 08-14-2016, 10:04 AM
    BMorrison
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b66a4877d8.jpg
    $450 for him

$650 for this little jerk!
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...be84b30ef4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 08-14-2016, 12:31 PM
    Kam
    The most I have ever doesn't was $100. It was for the the following.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...aba56ea311.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...24c4f035e9.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...6d49454e14.jpg

• 02-02-2017, 02:52 AM
    Sonny1318
    Wow it's funny the thread started in 2007. Imagine how prices have come down on morphs some of us could had not afforded then. Wow I seen morphs I've only dreamed of price wise, become mine. :) And 750$ 850$ tops. But now days I see so much cool affordable stuff it's crazy.
  • 08-28-2017, 07:20 AM
    cchardwick
    Personally if I were an established ball python breeder and I had dozens of adult mature females at the ready and I was sitting on a pile of cash I'd spend up to $150,000 for a unique ball python. If it were really a one of a kind snake and I could sell the babies for even $15,000 it would pay for itself and turn a profit in no time at all. The most I spent so far for one snake is about $1,200, but I've only been in business a few years so far.
  • 09-11-2017, 01:39 PM
    GiddyGoat
    I don't ever think about spending thousands because I never plan to breed, I'm a beginner hobbyist right now. I honestly don't even see myself having more than maybe two, three snakes at the same time in the future! Haha, I like to devote my attention to a small amount of animals (like, VERY small amount) and bond with them more than having multiple and not being able to have a connection with them. No offense to those with multiple animals, I know you love them and wish the best for them, and I'm sure you're doing a great time of offering them everything that will make them happy, I'm just not good at handling that many critters at the same time and feeling great about it.

I mean, my only ball python as of now was only $210, with the $60 shipping included (snake itself was $150). I abosolutely adore him. It doesn't take fancy colors or big price tags to make me love an animal's individual beauty. So yeah, maybe $500 if I really really wanted a snake so bad lol.

But who knows! Maybe as time passes my views will change, I've found that once you step into reptiles you usually don't step back out, hehe.
  • 09-12-2017, 12:30 PM
    monty_python9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GiddyGoat View Post
    I don't ever think about spending thousands because I never plan to breed, I'm a beginner hobbyist right now. I honestly don't even see myself having more than maybe two, three snakes at the same time in the future! Haha, I like to devote my attention to a small amount of animals (like, VERY small amount) and bond with them more than having multiple and not being able to have a connection with them. No offense to those with multiple animals, I know you love them and wish the best for them, and I'm sure you're doing a great time of offering them everything that will make them happy, I'm just not good at handling that many critters at the same time and feeling great about it.

I mean, my only ball python as of now was only $210, with the $60 shipping included (snake itself was $150). I abosolutely adore him. It doesn't take fancy colors or big price tags to make me love an animal's individual beauty. So yeah, maybe $500 if I really really wanted a snake so bad lol.

But who knows! Maybe as time passes my views will change, I've found that once you step into reptiles you usually don't step back out, hehe.

I agree 150%

• 09-12-2017, 03:44 PM
    GiddyGoat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by monty_python9 View Post
    I agree 150%

Hehe, I felt like I needed to reply but I don't know what to say lol. Think of the noodles.... Thiiinnkk of the noodlesss