Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,327

2 members and 3,325 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Grumpy Jake the snake

Printable View

• 01-11-2019, 04:19 PM
    Bigkrash
    Grumpy Jake the snake
    We bought Jake, who is a male HET Pied from a local breeder not long ago, so this is his first shed with us. Now I know not to handle them and such when they are in shed, but he is by far the grumpy one of the group when in shed. He does these long hisses, which just sounds funny because my others will rarely hiss while in shed, and if they do hiss, it's just real short and quick. HAPPY FRIDAY!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ebf187a9c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 01-11-2019, 09:21 PM
    MR Snakes
    When that happens you need to get nose to nose with him and show him who's the boss!
  • 01-11-2019, 09:28 PM
    Bigkrash
    Re: Grumpy Jake the snake
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    When that happens you need to get nose to nose with him and show him who's the boss!

I actually do let my snakes flick my nose with their tongue, even ol Jake. But not when he's in shed lol. I'm telling you, he has like a 5 second hiss [emoji23]

• 01-11-2019, 10:19 PM
    MR Snakes
    Could he really just be upset that Jake from State Farm has been stealing his thunder?
  • 01-11-2019, 10:41 PM
    Bigkrash
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    Could he really just be upset that Jake from State Farm has been stealing his thunder?

Lmao

• 01-11-2019, 11:21 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigkrash View Post
    I actually do let my snakes flick my nose with their tongue, even ol Jake. But not when he's in shed lol. I'm telling you, he has like a 5 second hiss [emoji23]

My little hognose will put on a good show when he's in a hissy mood. It's hilarious to watch an 80 gram snake think he's a big bad beast. He'll just keep going until I walk away too.
  • 01-11-2019, 11:25 PM
    Bigkrash
    Quote:

Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    My little hognose will put on a good show when he's in a hissy mood. It's hilarious to watch an 80 gram snake think he's a big bad beast. He'll just keep going until I walk away too.

Haha. I know what you mean. Jake is 165 grams of bullet. He just wants to be on the move and be super fast about it.

• 01-11-2019, 11:26 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigkrash View Post
    Haha. I know what you mean. Jake is 165 grams of bullet. He just wants to be on the move and be super fast about it.

Ha! That's funny. A super fast ball button is almost an oxymoron!! :rofl: