Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,140

0 members and 1,140 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,581
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
  • 06-04-2022, 11:04 PM
    Umberto
    Super Spark ID..are they all yellow?
    So i bred a Spark Female to a spark and also my sugar yb. eggs are out.QUESTION... 3 out of the 6 are dorsala lined but has breaks on them. How can i tell if i have a Super Spark of a Highway? they're just now coming out. Are all spuer Sparks Yellow and have a SOLID dorsal line? of have ai hit a WF Sugar Highway? thanks much?
  • 06-04-2022, 11:49 PM
    Armiyana
    Photos might help.
    The downside is that it is a bit difficult to tell spark from yellowbelly at times. Also, you can have a dual sired clutch and possibly have both anyway.
    I have seen super sparks listed with breaks in the pattern. the main difference I can see from some comparisons is the dorsal stripe is more pronounced on the super stripes regardless of if there are breaks or not. And by pronounced I mean the yellow seems to be slightly wider of a marking possibly with less black framing it.
  • 06-05-2022, 05:59 PM
    nikkubus
    I'd look at the headstamps to try and differentiate. That's where there is the most notable difference between Super Spark and Super Stripe. Take a peek at some pictures on MM with filter set to show all instead of just for sale and you should be able to see what I mean.

On Super Spark the blushing in the head is a lot stronger and very little of the brown/black should be pronounced in that area. On a Super Stripe, you will have more variation in blushing where some area has pronounced brown/black, some is a little washed, and some is completely erased, usually forming a yellow donut-diamond type of shape.
  • 06-05-2022, 06:25 PM
    Homebody
    Re: Super Spark ID..are they all yellow?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    I'd look at the headstamps to try and differentiate. That's where there is the most notable difference between Super Spark and Super Stripe. Take a peek at some pictures on MM with filter set to show all instead of just for sale and you should be able to see what I mean.

On Super Spark the blushing in the head is a lot stronger and very little of the brown/black should be pronounced in that area. On a Super Stripe, you will have more variation in blushing where some area has pronounced brown/black, some is a little washed, and some is completely erased, usually forming a yellow donut-diamond type of shape.

Dude! What would we do without you?
  • 06-05-2022, 06:40 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Homebody View Post

:rofl: I was thinking that too! :D
  • 06-05-2022, 07:44 PM
    nikkubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Homebody View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    :rofl: I was think that too! :D

Thanks guys :) I'm more than happy to help and it feels great to be appreciated. I love how 9 times out of 10 when I can't answer, someone else can. We have a great community here and Bogertophis is owed a great deal of thanks for doing such a great job modding and answering all sorts of questions, even if BP genetics is one he has to sit out on a lot of the time.
  • 06-05-2022, 08:56 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Thanks guys :) I'm more than happy to help and it feels great to be appreciated. I love how 9 times out of 10 when I can't answer, someone else can. We have a great community here and Bogertophis is owed a great deal of thanks for doing such a great job modding and answering all sorts of questions, even if BP genetics is one he has to sit out on a lot of the time.

You are VERY MUCH appreciated here, & for the record, I stay out of BP genetics entirely! :rofl:It amazes me how you (& a few others) can sort out these details & figure out what they are! :bow:

Partly, it's because I no longer keep any BPs- it's been some years, & when I did, they were all "normals" anyway, so I've never gotten involved with all their morphs.