Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,138

2 members and 3,136 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
  • 07-27-2008, 08:28 PM
    Seneschal
    Wild Horses up for adoption
    So...apparently rather than culling herds of wild horses that grow too large, the feds have decided to capture and adopt out some of the animals. Here's the website: http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/wil...and_burro.html

I thought it's great! I read through their requirements and they all seem reasonable and safe for the animals. I like this idea better than just shooting them. ^-^ And $125 is WAY cheaper than I would have expected! O:

Although, admittedly you'd have to put a LOT of work into them. Still, for someone with the property, time, money and experience for it, it would be very rewarding!
  • 07-27-2008, 08:55 PM
    wolfy-hound
    Re: Wild Horses up for adoption
    They've been doing it for years. If you ask, most of the time they will put a halter on the horse for you(your halter). You HAVE to have a closed trailer usually too! So not open back half window.. you can rig a cover.
    They need some work, the younger the easier to work with. They are usually smaller animals, but tough rugged horses, great for trail riding.
    Sometimes they pair up with PMU foal organizations too, and you can get half drafts, or paints, or appaloosas too.
    Always a cool thing to check out if nothing else!
  • 07-27-2008, 09:39 PM
    stangs13
    sweet. If I didn't have a show heifer already to feed, I would think about it!:D
  • 07-27-2008, 10:27 PM
    ADEE
    thats awesome.. i saw the bidding is currently 125 for starting bids... there are some NICE looking babies on there!
  • 07-28-2008, 09:48 PM
    catawhat75
    Thats awesome, last I heard they were going to cull. I always wanted one of the Assateague ponies as well as a Mustang.
  • 07-29-2008, 10:55 AM
    SlitherinSisters
    Oh my GOD! I want the black and white gelding!!!!!! :tongue2:

I think my granny would kill me if I asked her to put a wild mustang on her farm :( Lol. Some day when I'm done with college and have my own place....

https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/horse.php?horse_id=2142