Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,362

2 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 02-27-2010, 05:27 AM
    don15681
    Re: Do you have your BP in a tank or tub?
    I voted tubs because my tubs are in my rack.
  • 03-02-2010, 11:44 PM
    dnnsfam
    I had my first one, which was a wild catch normal adult in a 120 gallon tank... over kill in a huge huge way. I was not the one that took care of anything but feedings so i have no clue how that was set up (I was 12 and it was my stepdads..lol). My next BP was a tank and between the wires, the monitoring, and everything was an everyday watching job besides cleaning to maintain. I am going almost clear tubs all the way for costs and ease this time. Plus I like to have em out with me more than looking in, so tubs just seem the best route.
  • 03-02-2010, 11:53 PM
    Falconsmith
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bright202 View Post
    I started off in a tank, and then I switched to tubs, and will never look back, I'm getting a rack in about a week, can't wait for that, GO PLASTIC TUBS! :rockon:

Same, so easy all around.
  • 03-13-2010, 08:16 AM
    jimbo4382
    Tubs all the way for me. Easier to keep temps and humidity spot on even when the seasons change.

Yeah they are not so attractive but whats more important in this. You or the snake?

Jim
  • 03-13-2010, 11:41 AM
    Arsinoe
    Not to sound negative about tubs. But if you are having a snake as a pet... How fair is that to lock him up in something he can't even see out of to see his human family? Sure it's easier to clean up the bins, but think of it this way...Would you want to live a long life in a piece of plastic? Remember even though they appear to not have emotions, they obviously do, since Alexander didn't like the place I put his tank at first. Once I put it where HE wanted it and incorporated him more centrally so he could see everything. He was much happier.

I bought him to make him part of my family not just something to dump in a corner in Tupperware. Since snakes aren't social with other snakes, I don't intend on having more than one. Thus the bit of effort made to clean and be sure he's comfortable is no problem. I personally do not see the reason to collect a bunch of snakes if you can't devote individual time to each one.

If you are a breeder that's a whole different thing.
  • 03-13-2010, 06:09 PM
    NotaMallard
    In my opinion, snakes aren't social, either with other snakes OR their human family. They tolerate handling, sure, they might like the stimulation and exercise and new surroundings, but the humans themselves they see as nothing but warm moving trees. In addition, snakes need security. They need to feel safe. I feel that they feel safer in a tub than a tank.
    That being said, I keep my BP in a tub. I had her in a 20g tank for a while, but the temps were terrible to keep regulated, so I eventually moved her into a tub. I like it a lot, she seems to feel more secure, and it's just overall better.