Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,330

0 members and 3,330 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 10-01-2016, 03:19 PM
    Fraido
    Anybody know what this is?
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0f4ac2a3c0.jpg

I tried to get a good pic, with its leg span it's got to be about the size of a quarter, I live in Southern Ontario, couple hours East of Toronto.

I set it up in a deli cup, looks neat and grosses me out at the same time. *shivers*
  • 10-01-2016, 06:40 PM
    paulh
    Re: Anybody know what this is?
    Looks like a baby softshell turtle to me.
  • 10-01-2016, 07:07 PM
    Fraido
    😶 I wish

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
  • 10-01-2016, 07:46 PM
    BPGator
    Are you asking what kind of spider it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 10-01-2016, 08:02 PM
    Fraido
    Yes

• 10-02-2016, 07:15 AM
    EDR
    Hey heather imagine one those crawling on you while sleeping:omfg: lol. I don't know the name of the species but i see these now and then. Outside they make pretty big web's.
  • 10-02-2016, 07:40 AM
    rlditmars
    I believe it's a Cross Orb Weaver (Araneus diadematus). I'm pretty sure its the type of spider that was responsible for my fear of spiders. When I was a kid we went to visit friends who had a cabin in Goderich, Ont. The parking was under the deck. When I got out of the car, I ran out from under the deck, but in a direction most adults wouldn't walk because they are too tall. I ended up going through the webs of about three or four those and they were crawling up my chest, hanging from a strand of web and climbing towards my face. Funny what an impact a seemingly small event can have on one's life.
  • 10-02-2016, 07:55 AM
    EDR
    Thanks for the info and the little story. Any thing to big or small doesn't really creep me out but for me the cross orb is just the right size to really freak me out if i knew one was on me.
  • 10-02-2016, 09:57 AM
    Fraido
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    Hey heather imagine one those crawling on you while sleeping:omfg: lol. I don't know the name of the species but i see these now and then. Outside they make pretty big web's.

NO GO AWAY. Lmao

• 10-02-2016, 10:03 AM
    Fraido
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    I believe it's a Cross Orb Weaver (Araneus diadematus). I'm pretty sure its the type of spider that was responsible for my fear of spiders. When I was a kid we went to visit friends who had a cabin in Goderich, Ont. The parking was under the deck. When I got out of the car, I ran out from under the deck, but in a direction most adults wouldn't walk because they are too tall. I ended up going through the webs of about three or four those and they were crawling up my chest, hanging from a strand of web and climbing towards my face. Funny what an impact a seemingly small event can have on one's life.

That's what I was thinking, they were the closest to it that I could find online.

That is terrifying, eugh, I've not had any really scary experiences with spiders but man do they freak me out.