Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,169

2 members and 3,167 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 07-24-2009, 02:32 PM
    Pyth0nParalyze
    Stick on gauge thermometers?
    Do they work? I know they're not exactly efficient down to the number like the digital ones, but if I'm currently running on a budget at the moment, could it be a good substitute for the time being?

A person in a previous thread said that stick on gauge thermometers most likely display the wrong temperatures. So far, aside from my BP who has been a little aggressive lately due to our slight lack of socializing, my BP has been healthy and happy before its aggressive nature with the temperatures I read from the stick-ons. I make sure the temperature is right every single day with adjusting both the UTH and the heat lamp, and make sure the humidity is in check. No problems experienced before, but I would like to get some opinions of those who do or have used stick-ons to read the temps/humidity.
  • 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM
    Swingline0.0.1
    Re: Stick on gauge thermometers?
    I do not recommend using the stick on kind. They do not do well at all. A good Accurite digital will only cost about 12 bucks each at walmart. Certainly the better option for reliability.
  • 07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
    knott00
    Honestly, I would avoid these like the plague. They can be as much as 10% off in the humidity and pretty far off on the temp too. When you're dealing with an animal that needs 50-60% humidity. a 10% margin of error is just too high. You'll be wasting your money and putting your snake in danger if you skimp on the equipment that you need.
  • 07-24-2009, 03:33 PM
    Kaorte
    They are junk. Get rid of them. Get an acurite at walmart for 11$.