Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,020

1 members and 2,019 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 05-11-2006, 01:55 PM
    recycling goddess
    my p. metallica moulted!!!!!!
    oh man, she had no colour at all before this moult. none. nada... so this is a really great treat! last night when i found she had moulted... i gave her a little misting and the bright almost neon blue colour which showed itself to me made me almost stop breathing!!!

this pic does not do her justice but i'm not stressing her out in her delicate condition!!!

http://www.timelessspirit.com/images.../metallica.jpg
  • 05-11-2006, 02:00 PM
    Smulkin
    Re: my p. metallica moulted!!!!!!
    Hey! Very awesome!

I at first saw the big green thing in the middle and wondered what sort of triffid-papoose you had going on in there!

Thanks to the activity in the Inverts forum of late, as well as the combined interest of my wife and our youngest son I think we'll be putting in a sling order next week. Nothing so jawdroppingly purty as a pokie ($ factors too hehe) but the fire has been re-ignited.

I need to find something that can outscream the deceased haplopelma . . crawshayi mayhaps???
  • 05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
    recycling goddess
    well be sure to keep us posted on your decision! i usually go to the breeders in canada, look at all the lists and then decide what to get LOL that way i'm not disappointed when i can't find what i want...

but with you being in the states... man you have so many more people to choose from. have you order any from botar? he's got an amazing reputation!

www.botarby8s.com
  • 05-11-2006, 02:16 PM
    Smulkin
    Not yet but There's no contesting all his positive feedback!

So far the only online purchase I have made was from swiftinverts.com - also very well done.
  • 05-11-2006, 02:16 PM
    ErikH
    Sweet! Congrats! My two slings have stopped eating so I have my fingers crossed for some upcoming molts too. I don't have anything like your metallica though. Just an a. geniculata and a g. aureostriata.
  • 05-11-2006, 02:18 PM
    ErikH
    Quote:

Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    well be sure to keep us posted on your decision! i usually go to the breeders in canada, look at all the lists and then decide what to get LOL that way i'm not disappointed when i can't find what i want...

but with you being in the states... man you have so many more people to choose from. have you order any from botar? he's got an amazing reputation!

www.botarby8s.com

Yes, I have heard nothing but good things about Botar too, although I have never purchased from him either. I got my genic from Krazy8's and he was great too.
  • 05-11-2006, 05:47 PM
    recycling goddess
    i've ordered from two places up here in canada. loooooved one (david avery of averyexotics) and not pleased with the other tarantula canada - although many other people are very happy with them...

which of course... says... different strokes for different folks!

and no T is a "just a" T!!! i haven't found one yet that's ugly... i haven't found one yet that doesn't make me say, "hmmm... i wonder if i should get one of those!"

i sure am pleased with the colours of my GBB and my metallica - of course my avics are gorgeous as well... and then there's my........................
  • 05-11-2006, 06:07 PM
    cassandra
    So like...metallica....is that where the band got it's name?
  • 05-11-2006, 06:07 PM
    4theSNAKElady
    Man even from the bad pic I can tell that is hot!!! Don't they call them cobalt blue too or am I thinkin of another T??
  • 05-11-2006, 06:09 PM
    recycling goddess
    nope, that's another T entirely :)