Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,236

2 members and 3,234 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
  • 11-17-2017, 12:50 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Re: Corny, my adopted corn snake
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcl View Post
    At the end of the day, it's important to remember that you really don't need to catch up. As long as he's being fed appropriately now, that's the best thing you can do for him. Any damage that's done is done, and it's reasonably likely that there's little to none in the first place because snakes are made for low food conditions. It's what they do best. Just let him grow at his pace. Also, he's very cute.

thank you for the words of encouragement. i do feel like i need to play catch-up, but that's not what's best for him and i would never do that. i just want him to be fat and content (not obese but you know what i mean! lol). i see photos of these big, long, beautiful corn snakes, and i want that for him! but it's going to take time, and i am impatient. :P

i'm just happy he's with me now; he is amazing. the decision to take him in is one i will NEVER regret. :)
  • 11-17-2017, 12:53 PM
    Godzilla78
    OMG that is hilarious how he uses his skinny little body to strike and wrap the rodent, I am accustomed to seeing huge, muscular pythons constrict prey, but the skinny little corn snake getting all ferocious is adorable
  • 11-17-2017, 01:01 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    OMG that is hilarious how he uses his skinny little body to strike and wrap the rodent, I am accustomed to seeing huge, muscular pythons constrict prey, but the skinny little corn snake getting all ferocious is adorable

what's funny is, after he settles from the glorious burst of power that is his wrap, he immediately starts chomping down; there is no "kill." like, if i fed live, this would be horrible!!!

he's so much fun. :aww:
  • 11-17-2017, 01:10 PM
    tttaylorrr
  • 11-17-2017, 01:22 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Corny looks great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    what's funny is, after he settles from the glorious burst of power that is his wrap, he immediately starts chomping down; there is no "kill." like, if i fed live, this would be horrible!!!

Yeah one of my corns just grabs the f/t and start chowing, doesn't even give me a coil anymore. I've raised her from a tiny baby and she's 16yrs now, she finally realized she didn't have to coil the f/t only in the last 4 or so years! My king snake figured it out after about the 5th feeding.

I've had baby corns that I fed live mouse pinks (picky starters) that just ate them live, didn't coil or kill. Was rather sad to see.
  • 11-17-2017, 01:30 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    Corny looks great!

Yeah one of my corns just grabs the f/t and start chowing, doesn't even give me a coil anymore. I've raised her from a tiny baby and she's 16yrs now, she finally realized she didn't have to coil the f/t only in the last 4 or so years! My king snake figured it out after about the 5th feeding.

I've had baby corns that I fed live mouse pinks (picky starters) that just ate them live, didn't coil or kill. Was rather sad to see.

thank you. :aww:

Corny likes to "hunt" when i present him food. he tries to sneak up on the feeder sometimes and it just cracks me up seeing him cruising underneath all his fake plants. i purposefully dangle the feeder on the opposite side of the enclosure from him so i can watch him do it. :D

of course if i had to i would, but i hope i never have to feed live to any Colubrids. it is pretty sad, but fish gotta swim and snakes gotta eat.
  • 11-17-2017, 02:00 PM
    Kcl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    thank you for the words of encouragement. i do feel like i need to play catch-up, but that's not what's best for him and i would never do that. i just want him to be fat and content (not obese but you know what i mean! lol). i see photos of these big, long, beautiful corn snakes, and i want that for him! but it's going to take time, and i am impatient. :P

i'm just happy he's with me now; he is amazing. the decision to take him in is one i will NEVER regret. :)

He'll get there! Also, that looks like a fat and happy face with a mouse to me. :)
  • 11-17-2017, 02:58 PM
    Ax01
    what app did u use to make the gif's?

cool gif's. my bb Corn i can basically spoon feed. my bigger one is like 400grams now and will hunt and wrap half the time. but he sometimes still gets lazy and it basically be spoonfed right off of a tong, no strike. lol
  • 11-17-2017, 03:15 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    what app did u use to make the gif's?

cool gif's. my bb Corn i can basically spoon feed. my bigger one is like 400grams now and will hunt and wrap half the time. but he sometimes still gets lazy and it basically be spoonfed right off of a tong, no strike. lol

these two were made with a built-in feature on my Galaxy s7 Edge that let's me make a 6-second GIF from my videos!
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6bd99f7e9a.jpg

or i use giphy.com

or Photoshop [emoji3]
  • 11-17-2017, 03:40 PM
    dylan815
    corns are so easy... I'm sure you'll do great!