Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

2 members and 3,340 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Bp hatchling won’t eat

Printable View

• 12-30-2019, 12:17 PM
    Jörmun
    Re: Bp hatchling won’t eat
    That gives me positive thoughts! I'm so glad your baby got to eat. Mine appears to be VERY thin, that's why I'm so worried. I only check his temperatures every so often to make sure it doesn't fluctuate too high or low.
  • 12-30-2019, 04:44 PM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jörmun View Post
    That gives me positive thoughts! I'm so glad your baby got to eat. Mine appears to be VERY thin, that's why I'm so worried. I only check his temperatures every so often to make sure it doesn't fluctuate too high or low.

You are using a thermostat to regulate the heat source ... presumably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 12-31-2019, 09:08 PM
    Jörmun
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    You are using a thermostat to regulate the heat source ... presumably

Yes i do use a thermostat. My baby keeps trying to escape his bin around 6am,, he tried escaping again and i immediately plopped him back in his little home. Is this a sign he’s getting hungry? Should i offer early and not have to wait friday?
  • 12-31-2019, 09:32 PM
    Jörmun
    Quote:

Yes i do use a thermostat. My baby keeps trying to escape his bin around 6pm,, he tried escaping again and i immediately plopped him back in his little home. Is this a sign he’s getting hungry? Should i offer early and not have to wait friday?

• 12-31-2019, 09:40 PM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Yes i do use a thermostat. My baby keeps trying to escape his bin around 6am,, he tried escaping again and i immediately plopped him back in his little home. Is this a sign he’s getting hungry? Should i offer early and not have to wait friday?

Continuously trying escape ‘can’ mean it’s just too warm in there even at the cooler end .

• 12-31-2019, 09:46 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Am I reading this right that he's escaped his enclosure more than once already??
  • 12-31-2019, 09:49 PM
    Jörmun
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Continuously trying escape ‘can’ mean it’s just too warm in there even at the cooler end .

His warm temp remain at 88.2°F. It used to be 92 but someone recommended 88 instead(adjusted thur/fri). He wasn’t escaping with the 92 because he was newly moved into his bin(wed). He seems more comfortable and settled in now so i doubt its too warm.
  • 12-31-2019, 09:51 PM
    Jörmun
    The humidity levels stay really high so i had to keep the lid a *tad* bit levered and weighted. He didnt get out this time, i had to simply scoot his body back. My drill finally came in and i drilled plenty of holes on the lid, its more secure now.