Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,308

1 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
  • 04-08-2019, 08:03 PM
    Ax01
    Fire and Ice? How will the world end?
    great poet Bob Frost was waaay ahead of his time. he wrote his famous poem Fire and Ice about the end times back in 1920. it goes...

Quote:

Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire,
    I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice

Is also great
    And would suffice.
    also u can listen to him recite it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzU7_NiApvs

Edit: how do u think it will all end? do u think the world will burn? or do u think it will end in ice? i can't wait to find out. it all begins this Sunday night. i vote destruction and victory by fire.
  • 04-08-2019, 09:15 PM
    WhompingWillow
    Re: Fire and Ice? How will the world end?
    I have to clarify before I vote. Are we talking fire and ice as in the realms of men vs. the Night King or fire and ice as in what Melisandre and the book title refer to - Daenerys and Jon?

PS I am so excited! My husband and I participated in the real March madness over here - we rewatched all 7 seasons and just finished the last episode a couple of nights ago.
  • 04-09-2019, 07:29 AM
    rlditmars
    I don't know about Fire or Ice, but a nice global killer asteroid would do the trick. Then the planet could reset, reboot, shift paradigms, or whatever term is part of your vernacular. It happened 66 million years ago and everything was going just fine up until about 4 million years ago. Some little hominid comes along and and decides to hang out in Oldavai Gorge, use tools, create religion, establish an economy, and now everything's a mess. Maybe Earth 3.0 will be a better version.
  • 04-09-2019, 08:49 AM
    ladywhipple02
    First off: Robert Frost's poem is one of my absolute favorite poems of all time. That and the Wasteland by T.S. Eliot (yes, I prefer the depressing stuff)

Second: GoT is amazing! I have been waiting for this premiere for SO LONG! I have this irrational fear that I will die before I get closure to what happens lol
    As Robert Frost said, I prefer fire - Dany is my girl and Drogon is going to lay waste! At least I hope. Although ice would also suffice, as Jon Snow is pretty awesome too...
  • 04-09-2019, 09:51 AM
    Danger noodles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    First off: Robert Frost's poem is one of my absolute favorite poems of all time. That and the Wasteland by T.S. Eliot (yes, I prefer the depressing stuff)

Second: GoT is amazing! I have been waiting for this premiere for SO LONG! I have this irrational fear that I will die before I get closure to what happens lol
    As Robert Frost said, I prefer fire - Dany is my girl and Drogon is going to lay waste! At least I hope. Although ice would also suffice, as Jon Snow is pretty awesome too...

Wow I can’t belive someone else shares my fear. Lol I have a fear that something will happen to not let me see the end. Hopefully a stupid dream!!
  • 04-09-2019, 01:09 PM
    Ax01
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    I have to clarify before I vote. Are we talking fire and ice as in the realms of men vs. the Night King or fire and ice as in what Melisandre and the book title refer to - Daenerys and Jon?

PS I am so excited! My husband and I participated in the real March madness over here - we rewatched all 7 seasons and just finished the last episode a couple of nights ago.

i guess realms of men vs. the Night King esp. since Jon Snow pledged fealty to Dany. Jon is actually Aegon and her nephew (?) but he doesn't know that so he is actually Fire and Targaryen, not winter/snow or Stark. tho it i dont' know which one of them is the rebirth of The Prince/Princess that was Promised.
    also i've re-watched The Door and cried again and Battle of the Bastards like 3 times each in between this season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    I don't know about Fire or Ice, but a nice global killer asteroid would do the trick. Then the planet could reset, reboot, shift paradigms, or whatever term is part of your vernacular. It happened 66 million years ago and everything was going just fine up until about 4 million years ago. Some little hominid comes along and and decides to hang out in Oldavai Gorge, use tools, create religion, establish an economy, and now everything's a mess. Maybe Earth 3.0 will be a better version.

that would be a major plot twist!

Quote:

i think Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening is also good foreshadowing esp. w/ the last passage.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Wow I can’t belive someone else shares my fear. Lol I have a fear that something will happen to not let me see the end. Hopefully a stupid dream!!

ugh that would be the worst! we just gotta stay alive until late May lol.
  • 04-09-2019, 01:47 PM
    fadingdaylight
    Come on undead dragon, wreck everything and create an unhappy ending for once!
  • 04-09-2019, 02:01 PM
    WhompingWillow
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i guess realms of men vs. the Night King esp. since Jon Snow pledged fealty to Dany. Jon is actually Aegon and her nephew (?) but he doesn't know that so he is actually Fire and Targaryen, not winter/snow or Stark. tho it i dont' know which one of them is the rebirth of The Prince/Princess that was Promised.
    also i've re-watched The Door and cried again and Battle of the Bastards like 3 times each in between this season.

What I really want to see come to fruition is the rest of Cersei's prophecy!! How will it happen? AHHH. I'm a bit worried that this season has way too much to do in just 6 episodes... :no:
  • 04-09-2019, 04:56 PM
    Avsha531
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i guess realms of men vs. the Night King esp. since Jon Snow pledged fealty to Dany. Jon is actually Aegon and her nephew (?) but he doesn't know that so he is actually Fire and Targaryen, not winter/snow or Stark.

Let's not forget that Jon's mother was Lyanna Stark, so in effect he is quite literally the definition of fire and ice...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  • 04-09-2019, 05:00 PM
    Avsha531
    Also yeah I've rewatched it all the past month and I'm saving the last episode for 7pm Sunday night lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk