Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,805

1 members and 2,804 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Almost there

Printable View

• 10-28-2020, 12:42 AM
    wnateg
    Awesome! Love seeing people's setups. I just moved into my house, and I will have to post mine soon! I've been thinking of building something huge for my reticulated python. And I just bought a 150 gallon stock tank for my caiman. I actually bought a 300 gallon, but it was too big to fit through the door lol.
  • 10-28-2020, 03:36 AM
    dakski
    Re: Almost there
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Thanks for the great info Reinz. Wishing you happiness and good health brother. I was thinking about feeding the critters but hadn’t considered the inconvenience of cleaning those lower cages. I’m 55 and I try to take it kinda easy on the back and knees too.

EL-Ziggy, I agree here. I have two Boaphile towers and the lowest is 12 inches off the ground. The other is 18 inches off the ground. The 12 inch tower is a chore for me at 40. I have knee pads and it's okay, but not ideal. I cannot imagine 8 inches high.

On that note, invest in some knee pads at home depot. Cheap investment that will pay dividends.

On the flip side, don't go too high with the towers either, IMO. Better to make another tower if you have the room than put the tanks much above body height. By necessity, I have two tanks that I have to stand on a stool to get to and clean. Again, not ideal. I'd rather spread out the towers, but I don't have the room right now.

Your room looks awesome! Cannot wait to see it when it's complete.
  • 10-28-2020, 11:02 AM
    Reinz
    Gotta reinforce what Dakski said. I made the the mistake of going to the ceiling with two separate stacks. It’s no fun feeding large snakes from a ladder as well cage cleaning and changing out giant soaking tubs.

But looking at your photo and from what you said it looks like you have a great setup.