Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,316

1 members and 3,315 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Baby blood python

Printable View

• 02-09-2019, 04:27 PM
    WILDBILL245
    Baby blood python
    To All You Blood Python Owners I Have A Question. I Have A Baby Blood I Have Had For Three Weeks Now. I've Got Her In A Small Plastic Tub With A Small Water Bowl, A Hide And Repti Bark For The Floor. Temp Is Right But My Problem Is She Won't Take The Dead Hooper Mouse I Give Her. I Called The Place That I Bought Her Last Week ( OUTBACK REPTILES ) And Told The Rep And He Said Leave Her Alone And Try This Week. I Did Yesterday But She Wasn't Interested. I Used Tongs And Did The Right Things But She Still Wasn't Interested. I Was Wondering If For A While I Should Try Feeding A LIVE MOUSE. I Don't Know If She Can Eat A Small Mouse Or If I Can Get Live Hooper Mice. The Problem Is I Only Have One Store In Town And That Is Petco. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
  • 02-10-2019, 05:56 PM
    aahmn
    When you say temps are right, what are they? Bloods don't like as high of temps as ball pythons, for example. Ambient should be around 80, with a hot spot no higher than 85. I know it's in a tub, but don't see what size. If it's not a 6 qt, I would move it into one. The shoebox size seems too small to a lot of people, but it often gets babies feeding. Be sure the food is warmed, not just room temp. I always offer food in the evening, when they are naturally more active and leave it in overnight if they don't take it right away. If all else fails, I would go ahead and offer a live small adult mouse in the evening. I wouldn't leave it in unattended, though.
  • 02-10-2019, 08:28 PM
    WILDBILL245
    Blood python
    Thanks For The Advice. Temp Is Right And Plastic Box Is 15L" x 13W" Inches So Not To Big. I Will Try The Frozen Again And Leave Overnight. If It Fails I Will Try The Small Live Mouse. Thanks.
  • 02-11-2019, 09:20 PM
    aahmn
    That's big for a baby. I would move it into a shoebox sized container - they are around 12" x 8"