Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,306

1 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 12-08-2007, 04:51 PM
    bonheki
    Re: What's the most you've ever spent or would spend on a single bp?
    i dont gotta bp but if i had money i would buy a black eye lunestetic blue eye lunestetic,pie blad,omg i would get alot lets just say that lol
  • 12-08-2007, 09:27 PM
    Ginevive
    I think that I posted in this thread before. I would spend only what I could afford to on a morph at any given time. I would not go into debt or pawn my engagement ring; if I would do that, I'd have one Pied and one pretty irate husband in my house! ;) I am all for striking up trades and such.. this is how I am getting my future Lemon and Pied.
  • 12-08-2007, 10:34 PM
    NightLad
    I’m in the process of saving for a major purchase in the near-ish (1-2 years) future, so I knew that I could not go totally nuts on the BP I got. Fortunately, one of the morphs that fit my budget also happened to be one of my favorites – the Mohave!

Now I have a great snake that didn’t bust my savings, and he has the potential to father another of my (unaffordable) morphs, the Blue Eyed Leucistic. Who knows what the future might hold? :D (My brother-in-law is keen on getting a BP, or several, himself!)
  • 12-08-2007, 10:40 PM
    Argentra
    For me, it's not how much would I spend...it's how much CAN I spend. :)

Considering that I just spent $230 or so on a display cage for my current normal BP and my BF, Ari, will probably never forgive me for it... I don't think I'll ever be able to own another BP, let alone a morph.

However, if some wonderful twist of fate occurred and we had lots of extra money, I might see if I could work out a payment plan or skills trade or something for my favorite morph: a Bumblebee!
  • 12-22-2007, 01:51 PM
    Piper's Balls
    I purchased 1.1 Pieds earlier this year for 5,200.00. The price for me depends on what project I am most interested in and what morph I need to accomplish my goal...that being said I feel I have a pretty good base morph collection and feel I can make some important morphs from what I already have given some time.
  • 01-01-2008, 08:37 PM
    stangs13
    I am willing to pay really anything for what I want. Jas I want 1.1 normal mojos por favor!
  • 01-01-2008, 10:20 PM
    Whittney32
    Right now (if I could.. college student :-) ) I would buy an Axanthic. By far my favorite morph! And I would pay what it took to get a high quality VPI.
  • 01-01-2008, 10:29 PM
    Ginevive
    Right now, my current snake budget for 2008 additions, is the $700 that I am spending this month. Once I produce some babies later this year (provided the Ball Python gods and goddesses are kind to me) that will widen the pool of what I can add to my collection come autumn '08.
    But I am selling some collectibles that are just lying around gathering dust. This is my advice to others who are not loaded, who might not have the $$ that you want for a reasonably-priced morph. Sell things on ebay; have a garage sale; Craigslist; use your paper's classifieds.
  • 01-28-2008, 09:52 AM
    Brock Wagner
    My wife says I spend to much on new snakes!

Brock
  • 01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
    ADEE
    I cant say I would set a limit to how much i *would* spend.. there was a time when i said there was no way i would spend more than $100 on any snake, after all its *just* a snake ((bite my tounge)) to think how much ive invested already and im waiting for my spider female to come home, i would have to say i wouldnt spend more than a grand. i can buy a horse with just a little more money than that and that just seems wrong in my eyes. so i would have to say, for now no more than a grand.. although im in no position to spend that right now on a snake, but someday :weirdface