Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,195

1 members and 3,194 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 02-27-2021, 08:56 PM
    QHLisa
    Ideas needed for AP T12 stand
    I’ve got a T12 on the way and I’d like to have it off of the floor in my room on a sturdy structure that ideally has room for some storage of snake related items. This will be a single enclosure, so stacking on other enclosures isn’t an option. Has anyone else done this? Can you show me your solution? Thank you!
  • 02-27-2021, 09:29 PM
    Bogertophis
    Personally, I'd suggest doing what I do with my glass tanks...measure that T12 (I don't know what the L x W dimensions are?) & find a furniture cabinet that it fits on. Or put 2 cabinets together that meets the size required.
  • 02-27-2021, 09:35 PM
    QHLisa
    Re: Ideas needed for AP T12 stand
    The T12 is 48” x24”x24”
  • 02-27-2021, 09:58 PM
    WrongPython
    Try a folding table!

I have a 4'x2'x2' on a 4' Lifetime folding table from Home Depot and it's perfect. Those tables are capable of supporting quite a bit of weight, so one should be able to support your outfitted T12 no problem. You can drape a tablecloth or table cover of your choice over the table before you sit the T12 on top to dress things up a bit. A sufficiently long table cloth can also hide any snake-related items you chose to put under the table. One thing to note is that the table may sway a tad if you push on the enclosure a bit (ie. while you're cleaning your enclosure); however, so long as the legs are properly locked in place, the table is quite sturdy and won't collapse. I hope this helps!
  • 02-27-2021, 10:05 PM
    Charles8088
    The 4x2 footprint is a fairly standard size for tables and such. I think you can probably do a search for 4x2 table and I'd bet you'd find some stuff to.
  • 02-27-2021, 10:05 PM
    nikkubus
    I've always gotten pieces of furniture from garage sales and CL and things like that. A lot of times there are offices closing down selling some pretty nice cabinets for pretty cheap, and I've gotten some of my favorite terrarium/aquarium stands this way, just put 2 next to each other for the larger stuff like an AP12. If you want to buy something brand new, ikea has some cabinets that would match the aesthetic of AP pretty well.
  • 02-27-2021, 10:21 PM
    Charles8088
    Also... if you're feeling fairly creative, you can buy thick pieces of 4x2 pvc pieces at home Depot or other home improvement stores. Then you can by short stubby legs or casters and out it on there, and you'll have a homemade stand.
  • 02-27-2021, 10:21 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WrongPython View Post
    Try a folding table!

I have a 4'x2'x2' on a 4' Lifetime folding table from Home Depot and it's perfect. Those tables are capable of supporting quite a bit of weight, so one should be able to support your outfitted T12 no problem. You can drape a tablecloth or table cover of your choice over the table before you sit the T12 on top to dress things up a bit. A sufficiently long table cloth can also hide any snake-related items you chose to put under the table. One thing to note is that the table may sway a tad if you push on the enclosure a bit (ie. while you're cleaning your enclosure); however, so long as the legs are properly locked in place, the table is quite sturdy and won't collapse. I hope this helps!

Except they want storage space too. But that could be separate modules under a table. Many ways to accomplish what is wanted.
  • 02-27-2021, 10:22 PM
    jmcrook
    I use a wire restaurant shelf on casters. Webstaraunt.com
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d1f65b3a8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 02-27-2021, 10:24 PM
    Bogertophis
    That looks real nice, jmcrook. :gj: