Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,317

3 members and 3,314 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Help...Tiny hatchling

Printable View

• 08-31-2020, 09:19 PM
    bcking98
    Help...Tiny hatchling
    Hello. This is my first time breeding. 4 out of 5 are out of the eggs, all look good, but one is tiny, only 23g. He looks alert and is moving well. A lot of the yolk was left in the egg. Should I still wait until he sheds out before attempting to feed? I’m assuming I should use a mouse pinky for such a little guy, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to give the little guy the best chance possible to thrive.

Thank you,
    Bryan
  • 08-31-2020, 10:31 PM
    Bogertophis
    You should wait until he sheds before offering food...it's unlikely he would eat first. A small mouse fuzzy would be preferable...mouse pinks are really tiny & tend to
    get stuck on their teeth. Just be patient...it's surprising what "TLC" and time will do for even an underweight little one...if it's "meant to be".
  • 09-01-2020, 12:33 AM
    bcking98
    Re: Help...Tiny hatchling
    Thank you for your words of wisdom. I appreciate it. I’m just really worried about the little noodle.

Thanks again,
    Bryan
  • 09-01-2020, 12:50 AM
    Bogertophis
    I know...but it's a good sign that he's "moving well" & "looks alert" so cross your fingers & be patient...he's got a chance. I know how you feel, my heart always goes out
    to these "under-dogs".

I've actually had really sassy rosy boas born (live, not eggs) some years back & they were so bitey, I offered them food right away, before they shed, & most ate on day one or two, lol. But that's very unusual...& rosy boas are "supposed to be sweet", but that pairing produced such bitey little snots! :rofl: Good survivors, anyway...:rolleyes: