Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,237

0 members and 3,237 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

The Kitchen Round Table

Printable View

• 03-27-2020, 03:58 PM
    WrongPython
    The Kitchen Round Table
    Since a lot of us will be cooking at home for the foreseeable future, I thought it might be a fun idea to make a thread where we could all come together to discuss kitchen hacks and good food. So pull up a chair, gather round, and share your favorite cooking tips and recipes here!

To get things started: when you're cooking pasta and sauce, stop boiling your pasta just before it turns al dente, and finish it up in the pan with the sauce instead! The pasta will absorb a bit of the sauce as it finishes cooking and will become much more flavorful. For best results, remove pasta from the pot with a pair of tongs and add a bit of pasta water to the sauce -- this will add a nice bit of flavor and help keeps things from sticking!
  • 03-27-2020, 04:19 PM
    ladywhipple02
    Re: The Kitchen Round Table
    Recipe for the easiest cookies in the world:

1 box of cake mix
    1/3 cup of veggie oil
    2 eggs

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix your ingredients in a bowl, then spoon out onto a cookie sheet in cookie size portions. Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on the oven). That's it!

The wonderful thing about these is that you can get so creative - yellow cake mix with chocolate chips are most like your regular choco chip cookies. But I've also done "snickerdoodles" with yellow cake mix rolled in a cinnamon/sugar mix, chocolate cake mix with white chocolate chips, white cake mix with sprinkles (birthday cake cookies!), strawberry cake mix with white chocolate chips... the possibilities are endless, which also makes them really fun to make with kids.

They also stay soft and chewy for a long time as long as you don't over-bake them.
  • 03-27-2020, 04:19 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WrongPython View Post
    Since a lot of us will be cooking at home for the foreseeable future, I thought it might be a fun idea to make a thread where we could all come together to discuss kitchen hacks and good food. So pull up a chair, gather round, and share your favorite cooking tips and recipes here!

To get things started: when you're cooking pasta and sauce, stop boiling your pasta just before it turns al dente, and finish it up in the pan with the sauce instead! The pasta will absorb a bit of the sauce as it finishes cooking and will become much more flavorful. For best results, remove pasta from the pot with a pair of tongs and add a bit of pasta water to the sauce -- this will add a nice bit of flavor and help keeps things from sticking!

Great idea!!!

And great tip!!! I cringe when I see the sauce just ladled over the top of the pasta!!
  • 03-27-2020, 04:25 PM
    SilentHill
    bbq dry rubbed chicken with cold veggie orzo salad with dill.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...362cbf27d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • 03-27-2020, 04:39 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    bbq dry rubbed chicken with cold veggie orzo salad with dill.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...362cbf27d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That looks delicious!!!! I can't wait to fire up thee grill, hopefully soon! Weather is warming up....

I'll definitely be stealing that orzo salad idea too!!!
  • 03-27-2020, 04:42 PM
    jmcrook
    Been making this a lot the last couple months. Chana Masala with basmati rice. Cheap, easy, fast, and delicious.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...11408a4fa3.jpg

https://minimalistbaker.com/easy-chana-masala/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-27-2020, 04:45 PM
    jmcrook
    The Kitchen Round Table
    Easily the best pulled pork I’ve ever had/made and I make it frequently. Follow this to a T except put it on the smoker at 225° with smoking wood of your choice. It’s great in the oven though too and your entire house will smell incredible. [emoji1786][emoji1786][emoji1786]

https://www.kevinandamanda.com/pulled-pork-recipe/

• 03-27-2020, 04:51 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Easily the best pulled pork I’ve ever had/made and I make it frequently. Follow this to a T except put it on the smoker at 225° with smoking wood of your choice. It’s great in the oven though too and your entire house will smell incredible. [emoji1786][emoji1786][emoji1786]

https://www.kevinandamanda.com/pulled-pork-recipe/

Now that's doing it RIGHT!!!!
  • 03-27-2020, 04:52 PM
    bcr229
    If you don't have an Instant Pot, get one.

Easy Peel Hard-Cooked Eggs

Use the 5-5-5 method: Up to 1 cup of water, rack or trivet that fits in the instant pot, stack the eggs on top of the trivet (I can do 18 eggs at once).
    The water level should not be high enough to touch the eggs.

Cook at five minutes high pressure, five minutes natural release before a quick release of any remaining pressure, then five minutes in an ice bath.

It makes having eggs around for deviled eggs, egg salad, chef salad, creamed eggs, curried eggs, or even just a fast breakfast very easy.
  • 03-27-2020, 05:07 PM
    wnateg
    Easiest pot roast you'll ever make:

The roast
    Can of cream of mushroom
    Packet of onion soup mix

Low for 8 hours in a crock pot. Delicious.