Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,188

0 members and 3,188 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Peekaboo!

Printable View

• 06-05-2021, 01:06 PM
    GiddyGoat
    Peekaboo!
    Man has it been forever since I’ve posted here! Just a small update for everyone, Dewey has hit 5’! Happy and healthy, I couldn’t be a prouder mama!

Here’s some pictures of him peeking out of a pillowcase while I deep cleaned his terrarium not too long ago. Enjoy!

https://imgur.com/gallery/2BWfrGX
  • 06-05-2021, 01:49 PM
    Bogertophis
    Pretty cute- they do loves their "caves" don't they? :D (& don't be such a "stranger" 'round these parts, eh?)
  • 06-09-2021, 04:28 PM
    GiddyGoat
    Re: Peekaboo!
    Anything and everything he can slither his way into, LOL! Had to keep him from the temptation of the space between my wall and my bed :rolleyes:

I’m going to try to post more frequently!!..... asssss soon as I can figure out this issue with RBI hide sizing.
  • 07-12-2021, 07:29 PM
    GiddyGoat
    Hey everyone! I feel like an idiot since I measured Dewey’s sheds thinking it’d be a relatively decent estimate- but I learned today that was wrong! Lmfao I’ll be measuring him and taking some pics later :D
  • 07-12-2021, 07:56 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GiddyGoat View Post
    Hey everyone! I feel like an idiot since I measured Dewey’s sheds thinking it’d be a relatively decent estimate- but I learned today that was wrong! Lmfao I’ll be measuring him and taking some pics later :D

LOL, yeah...their sheds stretch a fair amount, because the skin actually wraps over & around EACH scale & tucks underneath it before wrapping over the next scale, & so on...so when it's all flattened out after they shed, the shed skin will have "grown" more than the actual length of the snake.

Snakes are HARD to measure accurately...frankly I don't expect too much accuracy from anyone, not even from myself. If Dewey's shed was 5', he's probably NOT over 4' 6". ;) You're forgiven...:D
  • 07-12-2021, 09:15 PM
    GiddyGoat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    LOL, yeah...their sheds stretch a fair amount, because the skin actually wraps over & around EACH scale & tucks underneath it before wrapping over the next scale, & so on...so when it's all flattened out after they shed, the shed skin will have "grown" more than the actual length of the snake.

Snakes are HARD to measure accurately...frankly I don't expect too much accuracy from anyone, not even from myself. If Dewey's shed was 5', he's probably NOT over 4' 6". ;) You're forgiven...:D

I couldn’t get him to sit still to place some string on top of him tonight- let alone take a picture-but honestly? I’ll gonna say he’s probably around 4’. Stretchy a** skin! Lol!

Thanks for the help!

unrelated to the above message, I have 0 spacial awareness and bought dewey hides that seem about a size too big for him- but tonight he’s chosen one over his beloved log. Do you think he’ll be alright in them or should I order him a size down?
  • 07-12-2021, 09:31 PM
    Bogertophis
    He'll be fine, but to make a large hide more "cozy", just crumple up some paper to stuff inside- ;) That'll do the trick too, while he grows into them.
  • 07-12-2021, 09:36 PM
    GiddyGoat
    Okay! Thank you for all of the help this evening. RBIs return window was wayyy to short for me to get these boxes back, lmao :]