Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,518

3 members and 2,515 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Reptile Defense Fund

Printable View

• 12-12-2013, 12:06 PM
    OctagonGecko729
    Yeah we just added terms on all our sales of 10% going towards this, its not much but hopefully it works out and helps. I wish I was in a better spot as well, wish this would hold off another year or so for when my nice clown projects start kicking off.
  • 12-12-2013, 08:59 PM
    Pennstater6
    I donated. The fund is to bring a lawsuit against the FWS for putting the snakes on the Lacey Act. They don't want retics and red tails going on it. It doesn't have a "x" amount because they don't know what the total will be. This will be paying for lawyers, and other expenses associated with the lawsuit.
  • 12-13-2013, 04:47 AM
    Shadera
    Re: Reptile Defense Fund
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marrissa View Post
    Anyone see a goal they're working towards obtaining? Like X amount of money?

We've been asking for that for a couple years. This is what, the third time they've asked for donations for this lawsuit fund? Sorry guys, I'm all donated out until I see some numbers, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • 12-13-2013, 01:57 PM
    Pennstater6
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    We've been asking for that for a couple years. This is what, the third time they've asked for donations for this lawsuit fund? Sorry guys, I'm all donated out until I see some numbers, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Yes the track record isn't the best but that was because of Wyatt. He is gone now and Phil seems like a great guy. They really are our only hope though.
  • 12-13-2013, 02:27 PM
    Pennstater6
    Just read an article on Brian Potter's facebook that says we need to raise around $250k. Big time lawyers aren't cheap.
  • 12-13-2013, 02:57 PM
    patientz3ro
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennstater6 View Post
    Just read an article on Brian Potter's facebook that says we need to raise around $250k. Big time lawyers aren't cheap.

Considering the amount of $ those jacktards from PETA and HSUS have to toss around, $250K feels like a knife at a gunfight.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk
  • 12-13-2013, 03:10 PM
    Pennstater6
    Quote:

Originally Posted by patientz3ro View Post
    Considering the amount of $ those jacktards from PETA and HSUS have to toss around, $250K feels like a knife at a gunfight.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

Well that just to start the lawsuit. It will take a lot more to win this fight. If we could raise more I'm sure it would help them but nobody donates. All the people on this board need to donate at least $5. That would make a huge difference but for some reason the people who don't donate think there are other organizations fighting for us. There's not, this is what we have to work with. If it helps with confidence in USARK, NERD, BHB, etc are behind them 100% but they can't do it alone. We have to step up now or we will wish we did when our pets are gone.
  • 12-13-2013, 08:56 PM
    toyota89
    I will donate in a few weeks when I get my bonus.

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2
  • 12-14-2013, 06:22 PM
    NYHC4LIFE8899
    I'll donate right now if I can pay through paypal..if not I'll have to mail a money order,cause I'm just not mailing a personal check to somewhere or someone Idk...
  • 12-14-2013, 06:24 PM
    NYHC4LIFE8899
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennstater6 View Post
    Well that just to start the lawsuit. It will take a lot more to win this fight. If we could raise more I'm sure it would help them but nobody donates. All the people on this board need to donate at least $5. That would make a huge difference but for some reason the people who don't donate think there are other organizations fighting for us. There's not, this is what we have to work with. If it helps with confidence in USARK, NERD, BHB, etc are behind them 100% but they can't do it alone. We have to step up now or we will wish we did when our pets are gone.

U think everyone should donate $5 ,that's funny,cause ppl on here can't even afford to buy mouse hoppers for there pets or substrate,so good luck with that..plus a lot of ppl are cheap.