Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,223

1 members and 3,222 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

ASF Size Chart

Printable View

• 01-23-2009, 01:02 AM
    hoax
    Re: ASF Size Chart
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
    This thread is sticky worthy if my thoughts count...

!!!!!!!!

X2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microddot View Post
    Sticky:D

X2

Quote:

Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    This really needs to get stickied. It took me a little while to find it when I was trying to figure out how many more large rats to buy for my 900g bp before my litter gets big enough...

So, dunno who does stickies but I think this one definitely needs to be up there. If I say sticky enough times, will that work?

sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky

:)

By the way Mike, the ex-breeder I got is much bigger than that large one in the pic, I believe. It would be awesome if you can post a pic of that too with the rest of the other pics. You're the man!

X2

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyTempest View Post
    Wow...this still isnt stickied?

That is what I am wondering!

Thanks a lot Mike you are always doing more for this hobby, I for one really appreciate the time you invest in this site!

Mike
  • 01-23-2009, 01:17 AM
    Shadera
    Thank you for the great photos!

I am hoping you'll elaborate more on this quote:
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    7.) Diet! of course what you feed them has all kinds of impacts on sex ratios of the babies and growth rates. Connie is much more knowledgable in this area then I am so hopefully she can chime in.

Is it possible to manipulate the sex ratio through diet? And since you're the ASF guru, what IS the "ideal" ASF diet, in your opinion?
  • 01-23-2009, 09:16 AM
    Mike Cavanaugh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    Thank you for the great photos!

I am hoping you'll elaborate more on this quote:

Is it possible to manipulate the sex ratio through diet? And since you're the ASF guru, what IS the "ideal" ASF diet, in your opinion?

The ideal ASF diet in my opinion is Lab block. I have always used Mazuri 6F. There are lots of different lab blocks out there, and honestly I don't know much about the others. This is where connie (littleindiangirl) is the expert.

And yes, connie once sent me a study that showed the effects of different protein levels in the feed. According to that study, protein did have an effect on the sex % of the babies. You will have to ask her for more info on that one....
  • 01-23-2009, 11:02 AM
    Shadera
    I'll be pestering her shortly, then. :D Thanks!
  • 01-23-2009, 11:13 AM
    Tosha_Mc
    IMO -- I think your sizes are off.

Pinks should be pinks -- those that are only a day or three old pinkies without hair - and you skipped hoppers altogether. :P
  • 01-23-2009, 03:59 PM
    Tosha_Mc
    Oh and I don't know about the rest of you but my ASFs go up to 80 grams easy. :D
  • 01-23-2009, 04:41 PM
    Mike Cavanaugh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosha_Mc View Post

Pinks should be pinks -- those that are only a day or three old pinkies without hair - and you skipped hoppers altogether. :P

There must be something wrong with your ASF's. The day my asf's are born they have some hair. The Pink in the pic is prob 2 - 3 days old.

As stated in the origional post, these are the sizes I use when I sell frozen ASF's. I at no time said that the pictures represented every stage of development.... Sorry I did not consult you first before making my pricesheet!
  • 01-23-2009, 04:43 PM
    Mike Cavanaugh
    Quote:

Oh and I don't know about the rest of you but my ASFs go up to 80 grams easy. :D

Yeah, you may want to look into what you are doing wrong if your adult ASF's are only getting to around 80 grams. My exbreeders easily get to 120 +
  • 01-23-2009, 08:03 PM
    Tosha_Mc
    Nevermind I thought you were trying to give accurate information not your pricing list -- didn't say that my ASFs only got up to 80 grams -- I said 80 easy meaning bottom weight for an adult.

Again sorry I misunderstood that you were promoting your product instead of providing information. Perhaps the thread should be moved to the classifieds.
  • 01-23-2009, 10:09 PM
    littleindiangirl
    Quote:

ASF's are born furry....

These are just hours old.
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ady/dayold.jpg